Notices

Honda Fit/Jazz coming to America

Old 10-03-2002, 11:50 AM
yianni64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I doubt we'll see it in 1.5L powered form. A Civic's 1.7L is the smallest they'll want to release in the US market.
Old 10-03-2002, 08:25 PM
ziggyziggy
i am asian

its surprising to know that a vehicle priced below the civc can have such a beautiful interior. how can they also include 4wd and still be cheaper than the civic?
Old 10-03-2002, 10:06 PM
95AccordV6

Yeah the 1.7L I4 engine that civic is using may be a candidate too.
Old 10-04-2002, 11:41 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by ziggyziggy
its surprising to know that a vehicle priced below the civc can have such a beautiful interior. how can they also include 4wd and still be cheaper than the civic?
AWD is an option on almost all Hondas in the JDM land, including their Civic.

Honda JDM Car Lineup
Old 10-04-2002, 01:26 PM
yianni64

Originally posted by 02RSXTYPES

AWD is an option on almost all Hondas in the JDM land, including their Civic.

Honda JDM Car Lineup
Which brings up a good point. AWD option on new accord? if so, will it be option on tsx? i hope so
Old 10-04-2002, 06:52 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by yianni64

Which brings up a good point. AWD option on new accord? if so, will it be option on tsx? i hope so
Obviously no AWD option. Maybe for its refresh, but I doubt it. I expect the new TL, TSX, and CL to have AWD optional/standard.
Old 10-04-2002, 08:32 PM
yianni64

Originally posted by 02RSXTYPES

Obviously no AWD option. Maybe for its refresh, but I doubt it. I expect the new TL, TSX, and CL to have AWD optional/standard.
I meant JDM Accord. Or did you know what I meant. hehe
Old 01-09-2003, 03:32 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Default Honda Motor claims 2002 top model rank; Toyota beaten

January 9, 2003

LINDSAY WHIPP
BLOOMBERG NEWS

Tokyo -- Honda Motor Co.'s Fit was the most popular model in Japan last year, claiming the annual title from Toyota Motor Corp.'s Corolla car for the first time.

Honda, Japan's second-largest automaker, sold 250,790 Fits last year, beating Toyota, which sold 4.3 percent fewer Corollas at 226,222 units, the Japan Automobile Dealers Association said.

Toyota and Honda have been battling all year to take the title, which the Corolla had held every year since JADA began taking records in 1968. In December alone, Honda's Fit was also the best selling model, with unit sales rising 27 percent to 22,098. Toyota sold 21,637 Corollas, a 46 percent increase.

Compact models accounted for seven of the top ten ranking models in Japan last month and six for the full year. Japanese consumers have been opting for smaller models as they are cheaper with more efficient use of space and fuel. Analysts say the trend will probably continue, posing competition for the minicar segment, cars with engines of 660cc and less.

Mitsubishi Motors Corp., Japan's No. 4 automaker, which has been struggling in its home market with a lack of new models, sold 9,555 units of its new Colt compact last month, placing it third in the rankings. The company, 37 percent owned by DaimlerChrysler AG, released the compact in mid-November.

Nissan Motor Co. sold 8,192 Cube compacts in December, giving it fourth place. Japan's No. 3 automaker released the model in October. Its March compact, introduced earlier last year, took fifth place, with sales of 7,930. Toyota models took three of the top ten places.

Shares of Honda were unchanged at 4,360 yen at the close of morning trading in Tokyo at 11 a.m. Toyota shares dropped as much as 1.3 percent to 3,130 yen, while Mitsubishi Motors shares fell as much as 1.5 percent to 260 yen. Nissan, 44 percent owned by Renault SA, fell as much as 0.8 percent to 941 yen.
Old 01-09-2003, 04:41 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

I was skeptical about Honda bringing it over before, but with Toyota bringing out Scion and Honda's stong home-market sales I wouldn't be too surprised if they started selling it here as a below-Civic model.
Old 01-09-2003, 05:17 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Default 2002 AutoExpress Car of the Year Awards

Car of the Year 2002: Honda Jazz
In the tough supermini sector, finding a new angle is an all-but-impossible task. Everything has either been done or isn't worth bothering with because of the costs involved. But Honda clearly doesn't subscribe to that theory. Thanks to its intelligent interior packaging system and attention to detail, the Jazz is a supermini like no other. Launched earlier this year into a market where the new Ford Fiesta was expected to clean up, the Honda has ruffled plenty of feathers. Beautifully built inside and out, it makes rivals look tired and conspicuously devoid of new ideas. It may not have a wide range, but the Jazz has quality written all the way through it. A worthy winner.

Supermini of the Year: Honda Jazz
Small cars are big business in Britain. Of the 2.3million new motors sold in the UK last year, more than 20 per cent were superminis. We'll save you from doing the maths - that works out at around half a million sales.

It's no wonder, then, that manufacturers are falling over each other to attract buyers and, during the first four months of this year, five all-new hatchbacks were launched. But good though the Ford Fiesta, Volkswagen Polo, SEAT Ibiza and Citroen C3 are, they weren't able to match our new champion.

The Honda Jazz has rewritten the supermini rulebook. That's particularly impressive because Honda, unlike its experienced rivals, has never built a proper car for this sector before. But Ford, VW and the rest seem to have got stuck in a rut, allowing fresh-thinking Honda to steal a march.

Innovation is the key to the Jazz's success, and the Japanese newcomer is a packaging masterpiece. The fuel tank sits under the front seats, allowing the floor to be positioned 220mm lower, thus creating a much taller cabin. Using this space is easy thanks to a unique rear-seat arrangement. As with all the best designs, it's simple, logical and user-friendly. The Jazz is the most spacious car in its class, nearly as tactile and well built as the Polo, and attractively styled throughout.

It's also exceptionally neat and easy to drive, with crisp, light controls, and it even has a clean and efficient powerplant, although we'd expect no less from an engine builder with Honda's reputation. The 82bhp 1.4-litre unit returns 48.7mpg, and performs admirably.

What seals the deal for the Jazz is Honda's reputation for reliability and engineering, as well as the fine value for money it represents. Plus, refreshingly, the Jazz doesn't take itself too seriously

Skoda Fabia
Our champion for the past two years couldn't quite make it three in a row. It was a close-run thing, though. With exemplary build quality, refinement, a grown-up feel and all-round practicality, the Fabia is still a sensible choice.

Ford Fiesta
Much was expected of Ford's newcomer and, by and large, it fulfils expectations. As well as crisp handling, fine road manners and precise controls, it's also practical and spacious. If only the design was a little more inspired.

Citroen C3
The C3 heralds Citroen's return to prominence as a builder of distinctive and capable hatchbacks. Questions remain about the build quality and lack of rear legroom but, in other areas, the C3 challenges for class honours. And it's exceptional value.

Civic Commendable for Best Compact Family Car

CR-V Commendable for Best 4x4 Rec Vehicle

Civic Type R Commendable for Best Sporting Car

Quick Reply: Honda Fit/Jazz coming to America