Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

GSR swap questions...

Old 09-30-2003, 09:16 PM
A5295
Where am I?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GSR swap questions...

I am considering purchasing a 95-96 GSR. i don't have a lot of info about it, but a friend is goind to go look at it tomorrow for me while i am at work.

He wants 1200 for the whole car. I am not quite sure on the yr model, but do have some questions.

If it is new enough to be OBD-II, how hard would it be to convert it to OBD-I like my 95 Dx? I know the mounts have to be changed for the motor to sit properly, but are there any other concerns that i need to be aware of?

The car has a little over 100K i am told. I know it has been autocrossed, and prolly rough ridden. The interior is in great shape, the motor is fine, but i have no idea about anything else. I know as far as the engine is concerned, it has had some skunk2 cams, cam gears, header, exhaust, and a cold air. i am unsure of the rest of everything, but will update as soon as i find out something.

Sorry, but noob question here: what kinda times would i run in the 1320 with this swap?

Are there any chronic issues with this type of swap, or with this engine?

Any tips/suggestions, as i will be doing the swap with the help of a few friends...

Thanks everyone

Michael
Old 09-30-2003, 09:29 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

im confused here. do you want to swap that engine into your 95 civic dx? or are you going to buy that car? :thinking:
Old 09-30-2003, 10:14 PM
A5295
Where am I?

both.

I am going to buy the whole car, and try to swap as many parts as possible to the Dx, or if i am able to sell my maxima soon, i will possibly rebuild the GSR, but that i'm doubtful about that.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:59 PM
raiden571
turning u inside out

about the times, i have heard stock gsr's doing the 1/4 in 15.2. but that is from car and driver, and i imagine there excellent drivers, but that is what i heard...
Old 10-31-2003, 02:36 PM
egzivic

If you want to swap it to your 95 use your 95 wiring harness and get a P72 ECU which is OBD1. You will have to add some wires for the GSR dual intake and possibly a knock sensor, but your EX harness should plug and run without them.