Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

what head do I have?

Old 09-28-2003, 06:13 PM
AwwsChwA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what head do I have?

I have a ported/polished head here, that I picked up from a friend in exchange for doin some work on his car. The casting says it's a 1992 head, and it's non-VTEC. It has the exact same valve train as my D16A6. Is this a 92 A6 head?
Old 09-29-2003, 01:32 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

That sounds like a D15B7 head. It is basically the same head as the A6, only it was mated to the 1493cc block and used in the mid-models (DX, LX).
Old 09-29-2003, 04:15 AM
AwwsChwA

Ok, so by the look of it, the valves are all the same size as my A6 head. It's probably safe to say that the combustion chambers are the same size as well, which means I won't get a compression ratio increase if I put it on. Rats...heh. But, it's been completely worked, this head is sweet. EVERYTHING has been smoothed out, valves have been deshrouded, ports are all size-matched and opened up, and the valve springs are definitely not OEM Honda pieces. They're much beefier than Honda springs.

I've also got a Crower-ground cam that's matched to the head's port work, so putting this thing onto my A6 after I've broken in the new bearings and rings should be lots of fun.