Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Speedometer/Wire Harness ?

Old 09-25-2003, 05:02 PM
SRD_DC2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speedometer/Wire Harness ?

My friend has a 98 Civic with a '98 GSR motor in it. The car is fine, but one problem. The speedometer and odometer do not work, however all other gauges function. We changed the speed sensor, checked the gauge cluster on another car(which worked fine), and now have no clue to what the problem could be. One issue to point out tho, is that the wire harness for the engine is NOT a gsr wire harness, however is a civic ex wireharness with some modifications done to it. So, we are thinking its the wire harness thats the problem. If so, would we need a wire harness from a gsr, or would a type r one work, or can any integra one be compatable? Any help would be great, thanks.
Old 09-26-2003, 10:44 AM
dave0283

i don't know wich harness goes with what but I had a similar problem with my GSR. it ended up being only a fuse that was blown. make sure you check the fuses.
good luck
Old 09-26-2003, 10:47 AM
SRD_DC2

thanks for the advice, but I did check the fuse and it seemed fine. I looked up this problem in the Acura Integra Manual (dealer) and it stated to check the voltage that is put out at the speed sensor. If i remember correctly, one wire was suppose to put out 5V, however when i checked it only put out 1-2. In the manual it states that theres is an open wire of some sort. But, before I changed the whole wire harness, I wanted to make sure.