Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Starter problems

Old 09-17-2003, 10:34 AM
Civic Type Sev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starter problems

Sorry for the long post but I need to fix this fast as this is my daily driver. The other day I took out my car (B16A2 civ), drove to the bank and when I went to restart it... all I heard is a single click. I tested the battery and it's good so that means the battery and alternator are good. I bump started the car and it started right up so it's not the fuel or ignition systems. I then proceded to check the starter. I ran the starter motor directly from the battery and it works. I also checked to see if the wires are sending power to the starter and there is power. The final thing to check is the solenoid. I took it apart and redid all the electrical contacts and regreased all the bearings and sliding surfaces. I have yet to reinstall it to try it out. What I'm wondering is if this doesn't work... is it possible to have the solenoid rebuilt.... as in having new wiring coiled around the magnet???

Thanks
Old 09-18-2003, 01:54 PM
crxb16er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

u can buy a new sylenoid for whatever start u are using and it sounds as if it is a sylenoid problem if it happens again instead of bump starting it just take a hammer and give the sylenoid a nice whack and itll come to life, good luck hopefully u fixed the problem by redoing the connections.