Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

questioning boost on B18B

Old 09-15-2003, 01:02 AM
Crazy_Phucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default questioning boost on B18B

i'm wondering if boost is right for me. I'm not a tuning freak or anything so if something were to go wrong with the car then i probably wouldn't know how to fix it. Do you think it's okay that I boost? I do have close friends that could help if something went wrong, but im personally not a car genius.

Do you think it would be OK to get turbo?

my other questions are this. If i were to buy something like a greddy turbo kit (i know its not the best but in example), would i need anything else that the kit would not come with? i.e. injectors, fuel management.... are these a must? or anything else?

i just want to know a ball park range of what i would most likely be spending going the turbo route if i pieced up a kit myself..

Is a STOCK B18B good for 8psi boost? how long would this app last?
Old 09-15-2003, 07:08 AM
LSVTECKING
rebuilding

The B18b is just begging for a turbo.. I definately am a fan of turbocharging the LS but youll want to look into doing some other things at the same time. Such as plugs and wires, and maybe a mild head job. But you can turbo it as it sits and run like 5-7 psi all day for a good while. I turbo'd a LS/VTEC and it ran for 2 years b4 I took it apart to go all motor. Its pretty much up to you.
Old 09-15-2003, 02:12 PM
TeHJuSTiN
NAM #0001

I agree with LSVTECKING, LS Engines beg to be turbo'ed. speedphreak ran 10psi daily driving on stock internals and was able to run with bpu Supra's (in a CRX).