Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

coolant leaking

Old 09-12-2003, 10:30 AM
keefungliu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coolant leaking

i got a 86 prelude. there's coolant leaking at the bottom of the left corner. right under the coolant reservior. i thought the bottle was broken. then i pull some coolant inside of it. but there's no leaking. so the next day i back home and park the car. the coolant leaking again. i wondering is the radiator hose or the water pump? it won't leak when you driving. and it only leak after you drive at least an hour on freeway. anyone help?
Old 09-12-2003, 12:52 PM
Civic Type Sev

It might be leaking from the radiator cap.... I'd try and replace that. It happened to me last summer and the new cap fixed the leak. I guess the cap just can't deal with the pressure gradient after a while.
Old 09-13-2003, 09:34 AM
crxb16er

caps wear out all the time. no one knows this but ur supposed to test ur radiator cap every time u open the system and if its faulty replace it, of course noone ever has their tested, check the cap out, check out all ur hoses, if its ur water pump ud see the coolant leaking below the pump around the block connection, check all ur hoses and clamps for signs of wear