Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Waterpump Compatibility ?

Old 08-31-2003, 08:33 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Waterpump Compatibility ?

Anyone know the compatibilty of different waterpumps from a GS-R, B16A3, B16A2 and B16A?

99' Si Waterpump Part Number: 19973
97' Del Sol Part Number: 19973

Thanks in advance!
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 09-01-2003, 02:26 AM
drift
Flaccid Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all B and H series DOHC VTEC waterpumps are interchangeable.
Old 09-01-2003, 07:59 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by drift
all B and H series DOHC VTEC waterpumps are interchangeable.
Thanks.

I was told that the waterpump of the JDM B16A was somewhat different from the USDM B16A3 & B18C1.

Actually, in fact not ALL B series water pumps are the same, the pulley on the LS is different from the B16 and GSR. And there are discrepencies on the B16 & B18 waterpumps... Just found out today, the hard way.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 09-05-2003, 03:58 AM
LSVTECKING
rebuilding

If you swap the B series water pump with another B series water pump you have to use the matching timing belt. Like if you put an ITR water pump on your GSR you need a ITR water pump. But I'm not sure if the H series are interchangeable with the B series.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:16 PM
drift
Flaccid Member

Originally posted by LSVTECKING
If you swap the B series water pump with another B series water pump you have to use the matching timing belt. Like if you put an ITR water pump on your GSR you need a ITR water pump. But I'm not sure if the H series are interchangeable with the B series.

all DOHC VTEC motors have a 22 tooth drive sprocket. you dont have to swap the belt. if you did, then it wouldnt truly be interchangeable as you'd have to swap the crank cog and cam gears also.
Old 09-07-2003, 01:37 PM
jeepxj66

"you dont have to swap the belt. if you did, then it wouldnt truly be interchangeable as you'd have to swap the crank cog and cam gears also."

one has nothing to do with the other. as long as the teeth are the same on the crank and cam gears it will still work. But the diff number of teeth on the water pump make for a diff length belt. This is why you have to use the belt that matches the pump you are using it on unless of course you are using a B18c pump on a B16 motor then you will need to use the shorter B16 belt.

However I do agree that any vtec pump will work as long as you have the vtec belt that matches your block

I also have heard that you can use the ls water pump if you want you just have to use the coresponding ls belt to go with it. However the ls pump is not good for the high rpm vtecs turn. This info comes from ls/vtec swaps.
Old 09-08-2003, 04:43 AM
LSVTECKING
rebuilding

I didnt know the ITR and GSR water pump had the same number of teeth. I was thinking they were different, cause I know the LS water pump is different. I put a GSR water pump on my LSVTEC and had to use the GSR belt cause the LS one wouldnt work. Thanks for the info.