Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

crack RADIATOR

Old 08-24-2003, 11:41 AM
MFG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crack RADIATOR

My radiator started to crack just under the cap lid. I was wondering if any1 can help me fix this. The rad. is from a GSR, and the crack part is the plastic part just higher than the metal grill. thx.
Old 08-24-2003, 12:50 PM
crxb16er

plastic part? not familiar with the gsr but on normal metal radiator surfuces u can use an acid flux core solder that is made especially for leaking radiators that is available at any ace hardware but i dont know about ur plastic issue, u sure the plastic isnt covering the metal core underneath?
Old 08-24-2003, 01:22 PM
MFG

it's the plastic surrounding the metal radiator that's leaking. k it's like this, you got the metal part in the middle and the plastic surrounding that. the top part is leaking where the cap are located. so can i melt the plastic back into place or do i have to bring it to the shop to get them to fix it. any help would be great
Old 08-26-2003, 06:06 AM
99GSRbeerman
There is a speed limit?

your prob gonna need a new rad... that just happend to mine not to long ago..... your better off putting in a all metal one anyway. SHOP around for one. some shops are a$$holes amd will charge 200 somthin for just the radaitor. i found mine for 135 i think it was. and its sooo easy to change.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:47 AM
drift
Flaccid Member

hondas radiators have plastic endtanks that are notorious for cracking. they just never split wide open to cause significant overheating to alarm a majority of owners.

there's no way to fix it. i've plastic welded mine, and it still cracked again, so i replaced it with a fluidyne.