Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

sohc vtec swap question

Old 08-23-2003, 10:44 AM
miked6762

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sohc vtec swap question

I recently dropped a D16Zd into my 92 cx hatch. I replaced the computer w/ a p28, replaced the distributer and engine harness. Do I have to rewire the underdash harness? Someone told me that the canadian 92s were already wired for vtec. I just pluged everything in. It runs well, but I wonder if I missed something because the check engine light won't go off now. I don't think the vtec is coming on either. I can't tell by the sound of the motor, and I thought that I would.
Can anyone help? I don't want to have to pay the honda dealer if I don't have to.
Thanks
Old 08-23-2003, 11:56 AM
Slacker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: sohc vtec swap question

Originally posted by miked6762
I recently dropped a D16Zd into my 92 cx hatch. I replaced the computer w/ a p28, replaced the distributer and engine harness. Do I have to rewire the underdash harness? Someone told me that the canadian 92s were already wired for vtec. I just pluged everything in. It runs well, but I wonder if I missed something because the check engine light won't go off now. I don't think the vtec is coming on either. I can't tell by the sound of the motor, and I thought that I would.
Can anyone help? I don't want to have to pay the honda dealer if I don't have to.
Thanks

What codes are you throwing??? Start there....