Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

CEL code P1259 VTEC System Malfunction

Old 08-23-2003, 02:48 AM
AngryNerdRock
this space for rent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEL code P1259 VTEC System Malfunction

My mechanic scanned the CEL with the snap-on scan tool and "VTEC System Malfunction Rear Bank" came up. has anyone had this problem? does anyone know how it can be fixed? Please HELP!!!
Old 08-23-2003, 11:53 AM
Slacker

Default Re: CEL code P1259 VTEC System Malfunction

Originally posted by AngryNerdRock
My mechanic scanned the CEL with the snap-on scan tool and "VTEC System Malfunction Rear Bank" came up. has anyone had this problem? does anyone know how it can be fixed? Please HELP!!!
First test the solenoid... Run a wire directly from the battery to the green/yellow wire that goes to the vtec solenoid. You may have to make a small slice in the wire... just touch it... with the wire running from your battery and listen. You should here the valve opening and closing. Let us know....

PS. Check your oil.... I've seen that code thrown because of oil pressure was low... that code will actually get thrown before you get a check oil light on your dash. Who knows why?
Old 08-26-2003, 06:09 AM
99GSRbeerman
There is a speed limit?

usually the code for my vtech pressure switch gets thrown with low oil. just put some oil in and reset the car. should go away
Old 08-27-2003, 11:47 PM
PHiZ
BOOST GOD

Slacker is a wiring god.

and also very secksy.

-PHiZ