Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Fluid spills onto my feet while turning.

Old 08-21-2003, 04:49 PM
grimskunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fluid spills onto my feet while turning.

Twice now in the past two weeks, when taking a rather sharp right-hand turn on a slight incline, fluid has spilled onto my right foot. I'm guessing, but I'd say about 1/3 to 1/2 a cup's worth.

I also noticed later that the floor on the passenger's side was also wet. I assume fluid spilled there too.

The fluid itself was fairly cold, and had no obvious scent.

I'm driving a 1997 accord sedan LX.

Any clues??

Thanks for any help...
Old 08-21-2003, 05:07 PM
shawnmcw
Sleeper EX

Not sure of same applies to accords, but i heard there is a tube that runs from inside the car under the dash on the passenger side to the outside under the car for the water from the AC, could be that tube either got disconected somehow or is plugged.

Good luck, hope this helps
Old 08-21-2003, 07:11 PM
DittoDude

Sounds like water from maybe a windshield leaking.

Might be the air conditioner drain plugged. Check for a very flexible rubber tube in the engine compartment on the firewall. Make sure it is open.

Your air conditioner should drain every time you shut off your car in the summer. There should be a small puddle of water under it if it is draining properly.
Old 08-22-2003, 11:55 AM
grimskunk

I think its something to do with the AC too. I have a related problem with tonnes of mist pouring through my vents when I run my AC. (I know this happens to many people, but mine's really bad.)

Anyway, thanks! I'll go take a look for this tube.
Old 08-23-2003, 07:38 PM
REbornHONDAneer
Honda Biased

my best guess would be the windshield washer lines. The reservoir is located in the driver side front fender, and lines run from it up to the hood. so maybe one of those are punctured. But i dont know how it gets in the car ...weird problem man!

Dave
Old 08-24-2003, 03:23 PM
grimskunk

Well I did some reading about the AC in a haynes manual, and it mentions the "condensation drain pipe" possibly being plugged if you're getting water on the passenger side floor. And I found out the last couple days that the passenger side floor is almost constantly wet. (And only rarely - like when cornering hard - do I get any fluid on the driver's side.)

Unfortunately, I have no clue where this damn pipe is located.. I think I have to get under the engine to find it, and I have no easy way to do that right now.
Old 08-24-2003, 07:20 PM
REbornHONDAneer
Honda Biased

oh crap man....i thought u were havin water on the drivers side. Well you said u were, but the majority was on the passenger side.

I know of that tube you are talkin about. It should be dripping when your ac is on and the car is started. It'll drip water.

Its located RIGHT under where you put your feet in the passenger side. Right under the firewall.

It should be a yellowish clear hose wth a plastic fitting on the end of it. You'll recognize it, its the only hose thats hanging from the engne..or should be!!!

Hope that helps!

Dave
Old 09-02-2003, 09:42 PM
Hold'em

You can find the drain from inside the car, too. It's t he black rubber hose that attaches to the evaporator housing and the floor board. You need to clean it out with compressed air or suck out the muck with a shop vac.

If the evap drain isn't your problem, do you have a sun room? Have you ever cleaned the sun roof drains? It's the same situation as the evap drain except you have 4 to clean...
Old 09-02-2003, 09:54 PM
REbornHONDAneer
Honda Biased

Originally posted by Hold'em
If the evap drain isn't your problem, do you have a sun room? Have you ever cleaned the sun roof drains? It's the same situation as the evap drain except you have 4 to clean...
moon roofs have drains? I have a 93 civic with a moon roof. I want to "clean" out the trackes really good but i didnt want to cuz i'll get water in the car. Are u saying that if i pour water in there it'll drain to under the car? Please let me know on this! Thanx!

Dave
Old 09-03-2003, 09:51 AM
Hold'em

If it's a factory sun roof, it will have 4 drains. If the drains are not clogged, you can poor water in the tracks and it will spill out either quarter panel or in the front near the fender inner wells.