Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Knock Sensor code won't go away

Old 08-11-2003, 07:40 AM
purplx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knock Sensor code won't go away

hey guys. gotta b18c with usdm p72 ecu. when i first got the swap done, i had the knock sensor code, drove around for almost a year before i got the thing replaced (spark plugs looked fine for a few months then they really started to burn out). after i finally got it fixed, i threw the O2 sensor code. i just replaced that along with my cat this past weekend. now the stupid knock sensor code is reappearing! WTF! (both parts are OEM Honda/Acura parts).

has anyone seen this? and yes i've tried clearing the code twice. possible bad ecu? i don't want to drive around with the code the way i did before. all help is appreciated. thanks.
Old 08-11-2003, 01:51 PM
drift
Flaccid Member

check the wiring to the knock sensor first. if the wiring is intact, then blame the ecm.
Old 08-12-2003, 01:30 PM
purplx

thanks, Drift.

i used the almighty helms yesterday to help me troubleshoot and it's telling me in so many words to do what you've told me.
Old 08-16-2003, 12:22 AM
PHiZ
BOOST GOD

The knock sensor works by measuring transient frequencies. Think vibrations, so mods can confuse it... Like strong motor mounts, etc...

Also, it is a shielded wire, so if the shield ground is messed up, there will be problems.

Maybe it's a good time to do a DIY ground kit... Might help.

This can be disabled by chipping the ecu also.

-PHiZ