Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

stock looking/sounding 2.5-3" exaust

Old 07-27-2003, 06:25 AM
yellow civic ex
ghey slow d16 modder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock looking/sounding 2.5-3" exaust

okay, here's the deal: i just got another ticket for my exaust "not being factory equipment". the cops here in va are just annoying. i've gotten 3 tickets total in the last year or two. it's just not worth worrying about getting pulled over all the time, so i'd like to get a new exaust that doesn't attract any unwanted attention. i was wondering what cars come with a stock 2.5-3" exaust, so i can borrow a muffler that will attach to my resonator assembly. i was thinking about a type-r exaust, which someone told me has a 2.5" diameter. is this true???
btw, i need this so i wont be chocking my turbo. any thoughts/suggestions??
Old 07-27-2003, 07:27 AM
silverstreakin
TRD japan ownerages

tell them to kiss your ass...and find in your warranty that any dot muffler does not void your shit. then tell them to suck it in court
Old 07-27-2003, 08:32 AM
PHiZ
BOOST GOD

well, sorta, go to the library, look up the wording of your offense, and go from there.

silverstreakin is kinda right, when your OEM muffler rusts through you go to the muffler shop, and they don't replace it with an OEM... they replace it with an aftermarket.

The ES oval mufflers seem to be a popular option, make sure you have a resonator, you're basically looking at a custom setup, I think only thermal research offers 2.5 and up.

Anyone have any first hand experience with the es oval?

-PHiZ
Old 07-27-2003, 08:30 PM
silverstreakin
TRD japan ownerages

never heard of the es oval. i know of a few mufflers with that kind of inlet. if you are hell bent on it i would try flowmaster. that should keep the sound down to a minimum as long as your arent getting like the single stage muffler. id personally do some research first
Old 07-28-2003, 08:11 AM
qtiger

I'd suggest Borla.
Old 07-28-2003, 05:07 PM
TeHJuSTiN
NAM #0001

Magnaflow Twin Outlet exhausts work pretty good.
Old 08-08-2003, 07:41 PM
importsyn

The cops here take a measuring tape and stick it in your exhaust pipe and measure how far it goes in before it hits a baffle.If it doesn't hit a baffle within a set amount(I can't remember),voila,a ticket is born for improper muffler.So you might want to steer clear of "straight through" design mufflers.I agree with going with the Flowmaster,even though it's "muscle car" equipment because they have baffles.If it's got baffles,less hassles!!!!