Thread: 96 integra GSR check engine codes?

96 integra GSR check engine codes?

The other day i was driving and my check engine light comes on completely random. I need a list of the codes for a 96 gsr with OBD2. Im getting two long flashes & 2 short flashes which means its code 22. Anybody know what this code is or where i can get a list of the codes?
    Thanks,
    Turbo Pilot

Code 22 = VTEC Oil Pressure Switch defective circuit or unplugged / defective oil pressure switch

The entire code list: http://www.c-speedracing.com/faq/05.html

ahh thanks so my vtec pressure switch is either defective or unplugged. Well if you would happen to know where exactly the switch would be so i could check that would also be nice. I have a feeling it may be deffective who knows. I got 105 grand on my gsr motor, 40k of which were boosting 9lbs so theres obviously some wear & tear on the motor.

Well thanks for your help

VTEC oil pressure switch is #15 in this pic:

You can try taking your VTEC solenoid off and cleaning it out with some fresh oil. Sometimes when the little screen filter in there gets clogged it'll throw a 22.
    peace an' luv-
    =^.^=

ok i did some troubleshooting...ie pulled the vtec solenoid plug out & no new codes were thrown. So we can safely assume that you were right about the solenoid. I pulled it and gave it some oil and i put it back in still throwing the code. Now last time i had codes i couldnt remember if i could clear the code myself or had to take it to the dealer to clear the code.

So here is my question for you guys. SHould i go down to the dealer and just buy a new solenoid & gasket & just replace it hoping for the code to go away or am i gonna have to let the dealer clear the code.

Or should i just take it down to the dealer and have them look at it before i do anything else? My car is obviously not under warranty anymore adn another problem is the nearest acura dealership is about 80 miles away. There is a honda dealership down the street ya think they would touch it or just send me away?

Any help you guys send my way is greatly appreciated. I have really not been into racing and messing with my car anymore now that ive been flying planes alot but i still need to get to the airport somehow.

Thanks
    turbopilot

http://moon.pr.erau.edu/~weiszb99/acura.html

You can clear codes yourself by either unplugging the ECU for 15 seconds, disconnecting the battery, or pulling the back-up fuse(under the hood). I would try flushing out your VTEC solenoid again and see if the problem comes back. If you want, Honda should be able to take a look at it for you.
    peace an' luv-
    =^.^=

Honda-Acura
    Honda S2000

Honda-Acura