Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

My po6 ecu

Old 07-01-2006, 08:26 PM
pghprettie_boi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My po6 ecu

Ok I just purchased an ecu for my honda civic lx 1.5 automatic tranny. It had an Po6 computer in it orignaly, the one I purchased was the same model Po6 I foreget the rest of the numbers. Anyway I went to plug it in my car started right up no prob Yeah..... The problem started when I went to put in in reverse and the tranny was locked. For some reason I had a spare key with me so I put that in the shift lock area tried again and was able to shift gears perfectly. Does anyone know why this had happened? Also my brother told me to disconnect the car battery and then reconnect and see if it stays the same would this help?
Old 07-02-2006, 09:34 AM
AccordVT
Ian

I forget whatit's called but it's likely that brake actuated shift lock thing...When you press in the brake(which you should be doing to shift out of park) you will hear a click from the shiifter area. Theres some sort of thing connected to the brake pedal that tells your car it can shift.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:03 AM
pghprettie_boi

Yeah should I be worried about it?
Old 07-02-2006, 05:09 PM
AccordVT
Ian

To clean it up it wouldn't cost you anything and if it needed replacement it shouldn't be too much. You could continue to run it that way, it won't hurt anything but it sounds like a pain to have to press the manual shift lock relese everythime you want to drive. It's up to you
Old 07-02-2006, 05:22 PM
HatchVX
Driving a Turbo 2L Terror

The ECU you got is it from a 5 Speed or Auto, It sounds like it from an 5 speed so that is why it is locking up on you.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:10 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by HatchVX
The ECU you got is it from a 5 Speed or Auto, It sounds like it from an 5 speed so that is why it is locking up on you.
That is what I am thinking too.

To make sure, check this thread: https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...light=P28+Auto
Old 07-02-2006, 06:35 PM
pghprettie_boi

thanks every body,
so I guess I got myself extra security. LOL just to make sure do you guys think it safe.

Last edited by pghprettie_boi; 07-02-2006 at 06:38 PM.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:23 AM
AccordVT
Ian

Default It's safe

but does it drive correctly and shift well?? I would be surprised if a 5 spd ecu worked on an auto car.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:08 AM
vitaminfeeder

Hi gys i am new here and have trouble with my 2004 civic lx two door car
It has a code P0134, O2 sensor no activity, bank one sensor one

I replaced the upstream oxygen sensor with new denso sensor the same one that the car had.
The check engine is still there shows the same code as i indicated above
no change happened when I put in a brand new oxygen sensor, it just behaves like nothing been done at all.

The car about 1,5 months ago suddenly shuddered and tried dying like the dashboard gauges all flashed their needles erratically and then everything came back normal again
about a week ago the car did absolutely the same thing again
also the idle is not always good the engine would idle just fine and then would shudder some like kind of losing it and again will come back to normal idle
it does this kind of thing all the time every 30 seconds to 2-3 minutes it would worsen the idle shudder somewhat and again smooth out

when i drive about sixty five or higher it would like lose power for a moment and again have it back which feels like slight jerking it can do it on some drives almost all the time and on some drives not at all

spark plugs are fine looking good NGK still have life to go.
good spark on all plugs

My suspicion is the ECU, but I would listen to experience and expertise gladly,
thank you for any input you can help with
Old 12-18-2014, 10:07 AM
HAMOTORSPORTS
Former Vendor

An auto trans ECU will send power to the shift lock solenoid allowing it to engage a gear. It sounds like you installed a manual trans ECU so it is not allowing you to shift. What are the last three digits on the ECU part number on your stock ECU and the replacement ECU?