Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Alternator Fuse Keeps Blowing On 01 Civic

Old 05-10-2006, 02:46 PM
SILVERSLIM
FRESSUP!!!!!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alternator Fuse Keeps Blowing On 01 Civic

Some One With Some Honda Knowledge Help Me!!this Is My Problem I Have A 2001 Civic Lx And I Was Driving Home From Work When My Dash Went Dark On Me. A Few Min Later My Car Died, I Tested For Voltage And Output After I Got It Towed Home And My Alternaor Was Not Putting Out Any. So I Replaced It And The Battery Was Shot So I Got A New One, Which Did Not Work Properly So I Returned The Alternator And Got Another Still No Charge. The Fuse On The Inside Fuse Bx Keeps On Blowing Could It Be The Eld Or What Can It Be.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:03 PM
theman

Default O 2 sensor wiring

Check your secondary O 2 sensor wiring. Make sure it is not rubbing on the heat shield or your shift linkage. This could have happened when a new exhaust was installed or when you did a swap. May also be a shorted O2 sensor but very unlikely. Sounds weird but they are tied together in the power wires under the same fuse.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:50 PM
SILVERSLIM
FRESSUP!!!!!!!!

Default Tru Stuff

thanx bro just as you said i looked at the o2 sensor extention cable and there it was rubbing now it seems to be charging good. thanx man
Old 05-18-2006, 08:49 PM
theman

Originally Posted by SILVERSLIM
thanx bro just as you said i looked at the o2 sensor extention cable and there it was rubbing now it seems to be charging good. thanx man
:goodjob: No prob glad to have helped out.