Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

whats the next best upgrade

Old 01-05-2005, 09:05 PM
civichatch977

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the next best upgrade

i have a 96 ex motor in a 97 hatch. i have cold air, throttle body spacer, header, and a p28 ecu chipped

my question is what should i do next. i dont want a turbo or nos. ive buddy thinks i should do the ignition but i thought maybe light weight pulleys and a 7or8 lbs flywheel.

what what improve the car the most
Old 01-05-2005, 10:54 PM
bambbrose

what chip? I'm guessing that is hurting you more than anything unless you are tuned
Old 01-06-2005, 06:56 AM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

id do my suspension first but if you must limit yourself to engine work, go with a cam or clutch.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:29 PM
sphinx054

i love the idea of nitrous or turbo but alot of ppl do the same mistake and that is not preparing the motor for the extra load you can put a small shot of nitrous on it but its still hard on a basically stock motor. if you wanna spray or boost and really preform you need to build to handle the power. i like the other guy's idea of a cam thats always good and all of the ppl that ive ever been around that did serious motor modifications didnt do chips but instead had the computer tuned on the dyno. theres a guy here in greensboro nc named mark at Turbo Tune that does great work its not cheap but HE WILL find all the power that your motor can put out. theres probably a shop around you that can do dyno tuning. remember that the strongest part of your car is its weakest component so make it strong enough to hold what your gonna throw at it
Old 01-14-2005, 10:56 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Don't do ignition. Unless you are putting down good power, it will not even make a difference on anything except your wallet. I recommend a more aggressive cam or an adjustable cam gear. Lightweight flywheels are fine but they don't add any power, they just put it to the road better. Lighter pulleys are a waste of money, IMO. I am just curious about that chip you have in there right now. Like bambbrose said, it is most likely hurting more than helping.
Old 01-15-2005, 05:04 AM
vinnyzcrx

lightned flywheels are a waist of money????

i completely diagree, i put a 8.5 lb flywheel on my crx and i gained 11 hp at the wheels, dyno proven.
Old 01-15-2005, 04:10 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by vinnyzcrx
lightned flywheels are a waist of money????

i completely diagree, i put a 8.5 lb flywheel on my crx and i gained 11 hp at the wheels, dyno proven.
I never said that. I am kind of neutral on the subject of lightened flywheels. They don't add power, they put it to the road better at the expense of drivability.
Old 01-15-2005, 04:33 PM
ED9man
driver

Don't they add a little?
Old 01-15-2005, 09:38 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by ED9man
Don't they add a little?
I don't see how they would. They technically do since it is transferring the power better, so it pushes more HP to the wheels but in terms of actually adding power, no.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:46 PM
KenDawg13

I would work on your suspension and brakes first, because I know when I race I want to have a good handling car and be able to stop before I go faster. That is just the way I did it.

Otherwise a camshaft would be my choice.