Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

B16a2 in 94 hatch

Old 01-01-2005, 03:51 PM
ohio_civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B16a2 in 94 hatch

Ok I need a little help with this swap. I got a 94 civic dx hatch back. it has the .15 sohc non vtec (d15b7) with an auto. I want to put a b16a2 in it with a manual. Im probley going to get the swap off of ebay. The swap im looking at is JDM B16A2 OBD1 W/LSD civic integra Engine swap.
It comes with Motor
Transmission
Engine Wiring Harness
All required Cables
ECU
Distributor
Complete Intake Manifold
Alternator
A/C
Power Steering Pump
All Brackets and Sensors
Shiftlinkage ($75 extra)

I know it will bolt in with the factory mounts, but i need to know about wiring.
1. Do i need to buy a motor with a wiring harness, or can i get one with it cut?
2. What wires do i need to run since the car was not orginaly vtec? Do i need to get any adaptor harness? Does any one have compleat motor swap directions?
Are wiring and mods that I read about for the B18c1 the same as the b16a2?

Also what kind of 1/4 mile times will i be running?

thank you.
Old 01-01-2005, 04:03 PM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

So you wanna trick out your hatch huh? Well you've come to the right place. Actually I think you might have done better to post this in the civic forum, but I can't say for sure. There don't seem to be a lot of people in the Hybrid area right now....

You'll find the answers here somewhere, but I think you will need more than the right wiring to get that swap done right. I've never done it though so I am not much help, but just keep searching and posting and someone will have the answers.

Welcome to HAN.
Old 01-01-2005, 06:04 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by ohio_civic
Ok I need a little help with this swap. I got a 94 civic dx hatch back. it has the .15 sohc non vtec (d15b7) with an auto. I want to put a b16a2 in it with a manual. Im probley going to get the swap off of ebay. The wwap im looking at is JDM B16A2 OBD1 W/LSD civic integra Engine swap.
It comes with Motor
Transmission
Engine Wiring Harness
All required Cables
ECU
Distributor
Complete Intake Manifold
Alternator
A/C
Power Steering Pump
All Brackets and Sensors
Shiftlinkage ($75 extra)

I know it will bolt in with the factory mounts, but i need to know about wiring.
1. Do i need to buy a motor with a wiring harness, or can i get one with it cut?
2. What wires do i need to run since the car was not orginaly vtec? Do i need to get any adaptor harness? Does any one have compleat motor swap directions?
Are wiring and mods that I read about for the B18c1 the same as the b16a2?

Also what kind of 1/4 mile times will i be running?

thank you.

so lemme get this straight...you are doing an auto to manual conversion, with a JDM second gen b16a obd1 swap. You can use your harness off your d15, you will just have to add a few wires for the VTEC to work. as far as converting from auto to manual...ummm good luck
Old 01-02-2005, 03:36 AM
ohio_civic

Im nor worred about the auto to manual part. I just wanted to know if my d15 harness will plug in, and will the computer plug in. Also iv herd different people tell my different wires to add than other people, does anyone know ecactly what wires i will need to add? I also herd that some of the vtec wires are on my harness, even tho my car was not vtec. Is this true?
Old 01-02-2005, 01:45 PM
bambbrose

You will have to add the vtec postive wire, vtec ground wire, vtec oil pressure wire, knock sensor wire, and then you can also add the evap purge postivie and ground wires, but those last two aren't required for it to run right (I don't have them hooked up and I get 32-37mpg on the freeway).

Also you will need to move the o2 sensor wires from one spot on the wiring harness to another spot, or extend them from the original spot. You will also need three ECU plug pins to hook your vtec wires into the back of the ecu plugs.
Thats just about everything needed wiring wise.

Also, I wouldn't buy anything off ebay, just get your swap from www.hmotorsonline.com

You'll have better luck with them, and they sell complete swaps with everything you need
Old 01-03-2005, 06:00 AM
ohio_civic

So I can use my factory wiring harness and it dont matter if the new motor comes with a cut one?

As far as getting it off of ebay, its from a place here in ohio so i would be going to pick it up. that will save on shipping. I also get a LSD transmission.

Will i need to upgrade my radiator to the one from a dohc del sol?

As far as axles go i can use 99-00 si axles right?

Any idea what kind of 1/4 mile times i can get with this swap?
Old 01-06-2005, 01:19 PM
angrychicken

You can use GSR axles as well, your stock radiator will work although upgrade won't hurt. Sounds like your going to need some help, you should have a buddy with you while your doing the swap thats got some experience. Some fab is going to be needed to make it work (auto-to-manual).
Old 01-26-2005, 10:10 PM
smutmonger
Bar God

its very unlikely you will actually be getting a B16a2, it will probably be an "a1" or an "a3". you really need to find out this is important
Old 01-31-2005, 09:42 PM
93cxgsr

ohio civic i have a 93 cx hatch gsr swapped last i knew you could get what is called a one wire ecu conversion from hasport.com lots of cool stuff on their site also they know more about swaps than most. i am still running on my d15 radiator and it does not over heat if you have the extra cash get a gsr swap from a 94-95 teg alot easier i think. also if your getting the motor locally go look at it tell them you want to seee compression test result and leakdown test results if they say no, you say **** you i do not care who they are the guys i get my stuff from give 30 day warranty also even if it goes into non original vehicle just some advice
Old 02-01-2005, 10:10 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Your in for some fun! auto to manual = good times!