Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Help on Building LS B18 for 8K rpms

Old 12-30-2004, 01:40 PM
j87w

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help on Building LS B18 for 8K rpms

Has anyone on here built a LS motor to handle 8 - 8500K rpms. I bought another LS motor and am going to build it up. I plan on using a girdle, having the crank balanced, going with a set of aftermarket race bearings, arp head, rod and main bolts, if i can find where the oil passage is ill have oil squirters installed, type R pistons .25 over, and a set of good forged rods. What you guys think bout it? Thanks J
Old 12-30-2004, 03:49 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

dont forget cams that will make power that high
Old 12-30-2004, 11:00 PM
j87w

Im going with a B16A head with a CTR intake cam I think it will make power that high. Is there any way to get the ITR pistons to fit on the some forged LS rods. You had said that stock pistons wont work with aftermarket rods so. Also how balanced is the LS crank from honda. Is it just as balanced as a GSR or no.
Old 12-31-2004, 02:34 PM
exospeed*com

There's no point on going aftermarket rods if you are only using OEM cast pistons.
Also theres no need for aftermarket rods if you arent really building it up for MAX power.

I just answered a question like this at G2iC.com
here's what I replied at that forum:

dont see the need for Aftermarket rods, for a basic all motor setup. Keep in mind that aftermarket rods may be even heavier than stock rods.
Unless you are making loads of NA power, the stock rods are good enough.

The only time we recommend Aftermarket rods, are:
1. going turbo setup
2. Building a high hp NA setup with aftermarket pistons