Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

B20A5 Bad rod... Fixed but now won't start!

Old 12-22-2004, 02:06 PM
Psychowolff
New to Lude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B20A5 Bad rod... Fixed but now won't start!

My 89 Lude 2.0Si had a bad rod, it started fine but was NOISY! I am rebuilding a spare eng for it and should be done by spring. SO, I droped the bottom end and changed out the bearing in the bad rod (LOTS of metal flake and pieces in the pan, but all are pretty uniform in size... Hmmm any thoughts on That?) There was NO bearing for the rod! I checked it over and it looked fine (a lil gaulled though) i replaced the bearings and put it all back together, put a better batery in, removed the Spark Plugs, and cranked the eng to build up the Oil pressure before starting.

Here is the Kicker! It Won't START now, it just cranks and cranks... :-(

I'm pretty new to Hondas but i'm rather well 'mechanically inclined'...
Is there a fuel cut-off switch that might have been activated somehow? is there a 'Special' way to replace the plugs and putting the wires on? It's just really confusing because it ran fine (with noise) before i started work on it and all i did was disconnect the batery for about an hour while replacing the battery, removed the Exhaust, cross bar, pan and internals. everything was put back into it 'Right' place and torqued to specs (48 Main, 23 Rod) and all i get is RRrrrRRrRrrrRrRRrRrRrrRrrrrRrRRrRrrrrrrr.... no firing at ALL!

PLEASE HELP! If your the lucky person that solves this riddle you will recieve a PRIZE from me! (attractive ladies may recieve my number AND the prize!!! :joshers:

Thanks Guy's!
Old 12-23-2004, 08:45 AM
Psychowolff
New to Lude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm done... My father found a 90 Lude with 80K on it, so i'm just gonna swap it out....
Thanks for looking though...