Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Jackson Racing Supercharger for LS/VTEC?

Old 12-11-2004, 12:19 PM
WojtekG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jackson Racing Supercharger for LS/VTEC?

My ride is LS/VTEC '94 teg (B18B block with B16A1 head) and I'm considering installation of Jackson Racing High Boost Supercharger. The problem is that I do not know which kit to choose, should it be the kit for '94 GSR?

Are there any additional modifications needed for installation of ths kit into my LS/VTEC? I hope someone had similar experience, so help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-11-2004, 12:25 PM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

:repost:

Or two...
Old 12-11-2004, 03:20 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by bluetwo
:repost:

Or two...
Yeah, this is the third section this has been posted in.
Old 12-11-2004, 08:21 PM
Andy
Hybrid Forum Moderator

So? I personally don't care if you repost a question in here despite posting it in another forum. I haven't actually seen this thread in any other forums I visit regularly (Civic, here, basement, mod's corner) and would have probably missed it. Only thing that gets my goat is when someone reposts a question and just puts a link inside to their thread in the other forum. If you want this forums help, at least take the time to copy and paste your post.

I can tell you for sure you don't want the GS-R kit. The JRSC replaces the stock intake manifold with their manifold that integrates the manifold and eaton blower into one piece basically. The GS-R/B18C1 intake manifold bolt pattern is different from any other B-series engine so with a B16A head, the B18C1 JRSC manifold probably won't bolt up. I think the best solution would be to call Jackson Racing and ask them as they would probably be the most likely to give you the right answer. Personally, I think the kit your going to need is the Integra Type R kit. That's basically a B18 bottom end with a B16A head. I'd still probably give JR a call though. The B16A block is physically a little shorter than the B18's so using that kit might result in having a belt that's a little too short and can't be tensioned.

Any particular reason your going with the JRSC? I had a few friends with them and most of them were happy with the increase but wanted more power. One guy had a '00 Si with a bunch of bolts on's and a the SC and couldn't go lower than a 13.7. Another guy had a EG hatch with a B18C1 swap and a JRSC and also ran the same best of 13.7. I know the Si guy drives an mid 11 sec 240sx now and had a turbo'd Integra for a while. I didn't know the EG guy that well.

'06 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Stock, for now
'98 Civic EX - CTR headlights and grill, Kosei K1's, for sale
'90 240SX - SR20DET that will never get installed, project car.
Old 12-11-2004, 10:31 PM
Civic2Scooby

I have nothing but JRSC horor stories from the net and from friends who have owned them....yuck.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:10 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by Andy
So? I personally don't care if you repost a question in here despite posting it in another forum.
That's basically the same solution that's been posed in the other two sections is all. It just gets old when the same thread is started in the Integra, Engine Tech, and Hybird sections.
Old 12-12-2004, 03:36 PM
Andy
Hybrid Forum Moderator

I guess, but if your looking to spend $3000 on a modification and wanted information or opinions on it, I'd imagine you'd want as many as you could get.

The JRSC is a good piece but I don't know too much about the company anymore. Oscar Jackson was one of the first real import guys working on Honda's and whatnot long long before it was popular. I heard a few years ago that he sold the company and people who took over are more interested in profit than quality and the parts and support have really slipped. I don't want to badmouth or give anybody a bad name but this is what I have heard. Like I said, I knew 2 people with them and they did well with them (13.7 is nothing to laugh at in a street car that orignally made between 100-125 hp). I actually considered buying one for my '98 EX before I built my hybrid hatchback and just started daily driving my '98.

'06 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Stock, for now
'98 Civic EX - CTR headlights and grill, Kosei K1's, for sale
'90 240SX - SR20DET that will never get installed, project car.