Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Where can I find a B or H series motor?

Old 11-22-2004, 08:16 PM
racerdave
USAF C-17 Crewchief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I find a B or H series motor?

Where is the best place to buy a B or H series motor with everything I need to swap it into my 94 Civic EX? I have looked at HMotorsonline, and seen what they have to offer, but the only thing I have to compare it to is the local overpriced yards. I looked online for other websites, but most of them dont have the motor I want, or its just the motor and to tranny.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:19 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you don't want to get screwed and get a quaility product, go with Hmotors. I wish I would have when I bought my motor. You can play the slots and maybe get lucky buying from somewhere else or someone with one on a board or something, but that's your call. My recommendation, pay a little more for the peace of mind.
Old 11-28-2004, 01:27 PM
racerdave
USAF C-17 Crewchief

Oh I know that, but I just dont know where to look, I looked at Osaka, and Hmotors, and both have about the same prices, I just wanted to know if there are any others out there that were decent? Just to look and compare... Also I have seen some of the motors from Hmotors, and some people say they got nice clean (all there) motors, and a few others say theres didnt come with certain things, and if mine didnt come with somthin, I would be a little disapointed, because that meens I need to go buy the part, and as far as the $ for the motor, I will just have enuff to ship it here and pick it up. I guess it could sit in the garage for a week or 2 till i get the cash for the missing parts... But still, you know how painfull that would be?
Old 12-09-2004, 11:03 AM
pillz
DoughBoy

SOHfast.com i heard was a good 1. somewhere on Honda-tech.com they had a poll on the places where you bought a motor and why.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:32 PM
Andy
Hybrid Forum Moderator

Avoid Osaka at all costs. I ordered a blacktop S13 SR20DET clip from them (I'm into Nissan's now) but through another company (their supplier was Osaka, motor was shipped directly from Osaka in Canada). I recieved a redtop clip with 156k km (roughly 96k miles) and a massive front oil leak on the engine and no computer. I had to pull the engine, ship it back (after almost a month of waiting for an answer) and they were supposed to send me my blacktop, I recieved another redtop (again, a month after they recieved mine) and still never got a computer. I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy, avoid them at all costs.

Hmotors seems to be a legitamate company and I haven't heard of many problems, and those I have heard of (missing something, broken something ...) were resolved quickly.

'06 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Stock, for now
'98 Civic EX - CTR headlights and grill, Kosei K1's, for sale
'90 240SX - SR20DET that will never get installed, project car.
Old 12-12-2004, 08:51 PM
racerdave
USAF C-17 Crewchief

I think thats where I am going to go then. Osaka was advertised on HAN ^^^ and I seen it one day, so was just curious... I wont do buisness with them, since you are the only one I know who has, and dont have much good to say...
Old 12-14-2004, 02:32 PM
Andy
Hybrid Forum Moderator

I had someone badmouth Osaka in here before and I shut him down because he wasn't posting his own personal story but what happened to a "friend". I didn't know Osaka was the supplier for the company I bought my clip before I ordered, but I definately wouldn't recommend them after my experience. They actually didn't include a computer with my clip or with the motor set they sent to replace it and the guys down in FL (the place I bought my clip from) said they recieved some motors without computers as well. They called Osaka and were told that Osaka simply didn't have any. That's piss poor customer service if you ship product full well knowing it's incomplete and in my case, with obviously no intention of contacting them or fixing it (the company in FL sent me their spare/test ECU for me to use so I'd have one).

'06 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Stock, for now
'98 Civic EX - CTR headlights and grill, Kosei K1's, for sale
'90 240SX - SR20DET that will never get installed, project car.
Old 12-14-2004, 06:26 PM
racerdave
USAF C-17 Crewchief

Thats cool, I will go with Hmotors