Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Auto trans 02 Civic not shifting after (stock) engine swap

Old 07-26-2013, 04:29 PM
spanky
I go duffy on dem bitches

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto trans 02 Civic not shifting after (stock) engine swap

[HR][/HR] My D17A1 overheated and was just replaced this past week along with the radiator and cooling fan.

To make a long story short as we were lifting the motor we realized we forgot (DOH) the shift cable. Once we got the motor and trans (same trans) back in and got the shift cable back aligned I noticed the bracket inside the console had broken. I got the shift cable support back where it is and everything appears to be aligned properly and the car properly shifts into R, N, D, 3 and 2.

The issue is that whether I put the car into D or 3 the car automatically goes into 4th gear. If I put the shifter into 2 it does go into 2nd gear but only stays there (which I think is by design).

Whether I shift from 2 to 3 or to D it goes into 4th gear.

To the best of my knowledge I've reconnected everything properly but I'm not even sure where to look to start trying to diagnose.

I searched as much as possible but came up empty thus far.

The D on the cluster is flashing and I do not currently have access to a scan tool, unfortunately.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:18 AM
HeatherZuke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you sure that the engine shifts even before you place it in?

Last edited by HeatherZuke; 09-16-2013 at 12:21 AM.