Notices
Drag Strip From the staging lanes to the finish line, this is the spot for on-track drag racing discussion.

Hypothectically speaking as I do not condone any sort of street racing or competition

Old 03-26-2007, 12:04 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hypothectically speaking as I do not condone any sort of street racing or competition

When I'm driving my GSR around town I frequently cross paths w/this dude in a Gold colored Nissan Altima (newer model, maybe an 04 and up) and he always flexes on me, which I think is pretty lame. I know a little about the Altima and I am thinking his is a V6 Automatic that he puts in neutral to be able to rev up the way he does. I've never returned his challenges as it is not appropriate and because I think he is just some dude with something to prove.

I want to say he most likely has an intake and an exhaust to make his care sound the way it does.

All I have is an intake, exhaust, aftermarket clutch and a lightweight flywheel.

"If" he an I were to line up at a legal venue, would I stand a chance? I cannot help but to wonder. I have no intention of acting upon this in an illegal setting, but I just wanted your guys's opinions.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:35 PM
micha177

hypothetically speaking...your gsr should rip him a new ass.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:36 PM
1turbodc2
got boost?

doubt it
Old 03-26-2007, 12:48 PM
bmallen11
iLURK

Depends on how well you can launch and how fast you can shift.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:38 PM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If he has the V6, then it could be going to the Altima if you don't have a great start. If he has the I-4 then you would rape him.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:35 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

I really hate bench racing, but just comparing the stats, if he actually does have a V6, he has about 70 hp but only about 300 lbs on you. It would be a very close race.

Hypothetically speaking, this should probably be moved to Drag Strip....so move it I shall.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:04 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Thanks guys, I hate bench racing too, but at it is safe and no-one gets hurt or killed. If by the luck of god I ever run into this buster at a track (if and when I do go) I'll let you know what happens. At least if I get owned, hey...it was a V6, and not much for him brag on for beating a 1.8L4 banger.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:06 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Originally Posted by 1turbodc2
doubt it
Thanks for your support.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:06 AM
ghettoviet

i've actually raced an v6 altima in my 95 acura integra ls with exhaust and intake, i took it on take off but only by a hood. I think it was like 3rd gear when he starts to pulled on me, i couldn't do shit then except wished that i had vtec. ehehhehehe but i think it's would be a close race because gsr wouldn't do to well on take off compare to an ls.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:46 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Originally Posted by ghettoviet
i've actually raced an v6 altima in my 95 acura integra ls with exhaust and intake, i took it on take off but only by a hood. I think it was like 3rd gear when he starts to pulled on me, i couldn't do shit then except wished that i had vtec. ehehhehehe but i think it's would be a close race because gsr wouldn't do to well on take off compare to an ls.
Your probably right. I have raced an LS though at LACR with the same mods as me and I beat him off the line just barely but once I hit 2nd I left him behind right away. I don't think the torque is that much different when comparing the LS to the GSR. I don;t the know the exact numbers, but I think they are not TOO far from eachother to make any huge impacts.