Notices
Drag Strip From the staging lanes to the finish line, this is the spot for on-track drag racing discussion.

2 Z6 cars: Coupe Vs. Hatch no v-tec???

Old 12-26-2005, 04:51 PM
TD or Not TD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Z6 cars: Coupe Vs. Hatch no v-tec???

I recently raced my friend with his Z6 2dr DX.....Z6 motor DX tranny P28 ecu........ CX hatch Z6 motor Z6 tranny P06. Hatch pulls only half a car on the coupe......im not sure if both cars are hitting v-tec, we swapped ecu's between races. here is a link to the full info on the cars. people on d-series.org but here is the link to the info/videos ect. the DX driver isnt the best but is a delivery man so he must piss pound enough cars.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/showt...578#post400578
Old 12-26-2005, 04:55 PM
97civicEXVTEC

is there a difference in how the z6 and dx trannys are geared or are they the same thing?
Old 12-26-2005, 05:05 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by 97civicEXVTEC
is there a difference in how the z6 and dx trannys are geared or are they the same thing?
that is the difference righ there...the DX tranny is longer than the EX tranny....also the CX is lighter.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:20 PM
EJ9driversseat

A DX with a D16Z6!? Huh? did you miss something here? do you know where the engine code is located on the block? DX should have a D16Y motor no VTEC if after 95' should be D15B8 or 7 before 95' and the CX should have a D15Z1 VTEC motor of course I know this is the auxillary 12V motor to 16V motor. and the CX does not have that much of a power to weight advantage.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:21 PM
EJ9driversseat

And yes it is quite possible that the Gear Ratios are different. But check the service manuals for a confirmation of this.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:05 PM
TD or Not TD

wow this is sad, i obviously know the EX tranny is geared different than the DX tranny, i can go 80mph on the interstate at 3500rpm vs about 2200 in with the DX tranny, but im wondering if v-tec is engauging or not since it is not as noticeable on the SOHC motors, BOTH CARS HAVE HAD SWAPS so you wasted your breath on what the cars should have came with. i know the weight difference isnt a whole lot since i had stuff in my car and its not gutted plus full tank of gas vs. 1/4 tank and a gutted coupe. did any of you click on the link? it has ALL the information on there. this isnt a racing story so i have no idea why it got moved, it should be moved back. this is half race half tech. i would like to know if both cars can possibly be not hitting v-tec i know my CX is faster than my stock 5-speed sentra(with the 8v CX motor it was slow as piss) but my sentra ran 16.8 and it can blow it out of the water and that was with the DX ecu. now i have a p28 in it tonight but the roads are all snowy so its harder to tell.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:17 PM
TD or Not TD

Originally Posted by EJ9driversseat
A DX with a D16Z6!? Huh? did you miss something here? do you know where the engine code is located on the block? DX should have a D15B8 motor no VTEC if after 95' should be D15Y8 or 7 before 95' and the VX should have a D15Z1 VTEC-E motor of course I know this is the auxillary 8V motor to 16V motor. and the CX does not have that much of a power to weight advantage.

I went ahead and corrected your post. both cars have had engine swaps..... i think you missed something
Old 12-27-2005, 06:45 AM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by TD or Not TD
wow this is sad, i obviously know the EX tranny is geared different than the DX tranny, i can go 80mph on the interstate at 3500rpm vs about 2200 in with the DX tranny, but im wondering if v-tec is engauging or not since it is not as noticeable on the SOHC motors, BOTH CARS HAVE HAD SWAPS so you wasted your breath on what the cars should have came with. i know the weight difference isnt a whole lot since i had stuff in my car and its not gutted plus full tank of gas vs. 1/4 tank and a gutted coupe. did any of you click on the link? it has ALL the information on there. this isnt a racing story so i have no idea why it got moved, it should be moved back. this is half race half tech. i would like to know if both cars can possibly be not hitting v-tec i know my CX is faster than my stock 5-speed sentra(with the 8v CX motor it was slow as piss) but my sentra ran 16.8 and it can blow it out of the water and that was with the DX ecu. now i have a p28 in it tonight but the roads are all snowy so its harder to tell.
first off its VTEC not v-tec or vetec..or vtech...not to be a dick, just pointing it out....secondly, it is very hard to tell on the SOHC engines when VTEC has engaged...it is nowhere near as "hard" of a transition as the B series motors.

A DX with a D16Z6!? Huh? did you miss something here? do you know where the engine code is located on the block? DX should have a D16Y motor no VTEC if after 95' should be D15B8 or 7 before 95' and the CX should have a D15Z1 VTEC motor of course I know this is the auxillary 12V motor to 16V motor. and the CX does not have that much of a power to weight advantage.
when are you going to stop posting forever?

And yes it is quite possible that the Gear Ratios are different. But check the service manuals for a confirmation of this.
please kill yourself...now pleae :gtfo: of every thread ever made