Notices
Drag Strip From the staging lanes to the finish line, this is the spot for on-track drag racing discussion.

I can't concentrate on my driving at a line up.

Old 10-15-2005, 08:11 PM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I can't concentrate on my driving at a line up.

Well, I'm going to Import Wars(totally:ghey: name) at New England Dragway next saturday. There's no way I'd survive in the bracket but they have run only where it's just people racing for fun. The thing is, it have such a hard time concentrating at the line up. I get really antsy and I can't concentrate on anything, never rev up for a launch and when driving I never bring it up as high as I should so I shift way to early. I mean I've only been two other times to a strip so I'm waay novice. Has anyone else ever gone through this? How did you get over it?

Woops I forgot to say b16 civic, just so this dosen't get moved: b16 civic.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:41 AM
raiden571
turning u inside out

i was really nervous to my first time. when i raced bikes i was the same way. just remember your there for fun and you have nothing to worry about. play some music on low and just keep calm. do ur burn out if you want go to the line slow and dont over shoot. rev it up, and let her rip wneh the last yellow lights up. if you let go when the last yellow turns, i promise that you will not red light. human body's reaction time cant be any faster then .5 secs or something like that.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:27 PM
jeterkm02
hatchbacks r my anti-drug

not that i wanna get off topic... but how far is NED from CT? im going to englishtown on sunday, but if its a shorter drive i might considre going to NED.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:27 PM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

It's in Massachusettes.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:49 PM
TeHJuSTiN
NAM #0001

Originally Posted by raiden571
i was really nervous to my first time. when i raced bikes i was the same way. just remember your there for fun and you have nothing to worry about. play some music on low and just keep calm. do ur burn out if you want go to the line slow and dont over shoot. rev it up, and let her rip wneh the last yellow lights up. if you let go when the last yellow turns, i promise that you will not red light. human body's reaction time cant be any faster then .5 secs or something like that.
You couldn't get better than a .500 second reaction time on the old style trees. I've pulled .1's consistently on the new ones. Don't do a burnout on street tires, waste of tread.

I personally like to stage first so I have time to check my revs before I launch.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:51 PM
boriblanco

i would have had my car at new england dragway but i am selling it friday afternoon...if it wasnt rainded out i would have made sum runs a few weeks ago. i had a 94 civic 2dr gsr swap... sold 4 $4000
Old 10-16-2005, 12:52 PM
boriblanco

new england dragway is in new hampshire
Old 10-16-2005, 01:09 PM
jeterkm02
hatchbacks r my anti-drug

Originally Posted by Omniscient
It's in Massachusettes.
um, its in Epping, New Hampshire.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:42 PM
Kestrel
Push to shock!

I think that's pretty much what happens in any sport. I think the key is to visualize what you want to do while you're sitting at the line. Imagine yourself doing it, and focus on the image.
Old 10-16-2005, 03:33 PM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

Originally Posted by jeterkm02
um, its in Epping, New Hampshire.
Woops, oh well there both the same place to me.