Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

honda 2002 accord change radiator support

Old 11-23-2005, 06:13 PM
joemo2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default honda 2002 accord change radiator support

i am new, i hit my car, and try to change the bumper and the radiator support by myself to save some money, but i havn't done anything like that before. How hard is to change radiator support and the bumper. Is any way i can find an installation insctruction online?

Thanks
Old 11-25-2005, 08:56 AM
m735is

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did it to my 92 Civic without instructions. But when you get to the core support, it's spot welded to the "frame rails". I just drilled and knocked off the spot welds, then self tapping screwed and bolted on the new core support (needed the car back on the road next day). It's been about 4 years like this, but now when I turn on my A?C, I can definetly feel the front end "tighten" up. So I think the core support is just there for looks and doesn't have as much strength holding the front end together. A strut tower bar is next on my list to help out-I'm not taking off the front end again.

Depending on your fabrication skills, mechanical skills and tools you have, it could easy for you or hard. I guess you could do all the work and have someone weld the support up when you get that far, then finish the work yourself. Good luck.