Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Why is it...

Old 11-02-2005, 05:43 AM
ponch15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why is it...

Why is it when a new person joins a forum and asks questions on how to do stuff, they get short answers that people assume what they are talking about? Or if they post something about something they've observed, they get sarcasm in return? I thought the purpose of this forum was to share info w/ other vehicle owners. I just recently purchased my civic, and I'm learning about it. There are lots of things I would like to do myself. I'm trying to get input to help me w/ it, but the few attempts I've made on this forum to get helpful info hasn't been the greatest experience so far. Is this just like every other forum where your 'post count' has to be a certain number before someone hears you?
Old 11-02-2005, 11:18 AM
M@rshy
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Just an FYI, wrong forum...

Alot of people are just asses to newbies and won't listen to them if they had a 12 gauge loaded and held to their head. Just ignore them and find someone in a forum that seems to know what they're talking about and send them a pm. As long as you don't ask stupid questions that have been answered in every other thread, you will slowly rise and more people will pay attention.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:42 PM
toslo
03 Accord V-6 Ex-L

I am with ya on that ponch15.. with the disrespect thing. I have see it.. I just bought a haynes book and learned most of the basic repair info from that and if I have any super tech questions I'll ask. lates toslo
Old 11-06-2005, 08:52 PM
downtownbabe

Default yah

yup maybe they're just in a right site but in a wrong forum at the same time
Old 11-08-2005, 03:24 PM
Phateless
S2K compatible

90% of newbie questions can be answered in 5 minutes by SEARCHING first. that's what gets everyone's goat. if you simply search first, and state so when you post, people will be a little nicer. also, try other forums as well. honda-tech is pretty good, but people are really search nazis over there. for example, i know exactly how to swap my b18c1 into an eg hatch, swap over not only the brakes and suspension, but the abs system as well, do a valve adjustment, install a lsd into my transmission, and various other things, all from searching and never having to post! welcome to the site, hope i was helpful.

ps - as you may have noticed from my post count, i spend most of my time on honda-tech, not on here. my post count over there is 700somethingorother.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:21 PM
delsol161

i remember when i first joined. i never considered the search feature. all i knew was that there were more knowlegeable people on here who were willing to help. thus, i try to do the same. answering newb questions ddoesn'tbug me too much. except for the ones who ask questions that are far too vauge.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:43 PM
Phateless
S2K compatible

i try to help people too. the other thing i've been doing lately, is whenever i create a topic, i try to make sure the title is worded so that it will be easy to find in a search, thus helping to organize the site and make the search feature more useful.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:06 PM
ponch15

I know I'm 2 yrs 2 late, but tks to those that replied. I really had no intention on coming back 2 this forum becuz of the buttpluggers that were so rude to me the first time around. Tks again...
Old 03-17-2008, 03:04 AM
flappy188
O.G. SON!

Originally Posted by ponch15
I know I'm 2 yrs 2 late, but tks to those that replied. I really had no intention on coming back 2 this forum becuz of the buttpluggers that were so rude to me the first time around. Tks again...
yeah odnt let a few idiots, make you completly leave, stay with us, and you will learn alot of good info. I know I did. welcome to the site