Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

vac device developement

Old 10-13-2005, 12:45 PM
robert f thomas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vac device developement

I'm building a crankcase vapor evacuation device. The original closed PCV circuit will remain. There will be a one-way valve to the Intake Tube. Only fresh air will be able to enter, no bad air going back to the tube.
The high pressure bad vapors will be handled by both the regular [block breather to IM PCV valve] system and also the additional 2 escape bungs I have added to the front of the valve cover (behind the baffle).
The new openings will have one-way out check valves. The front system will be split between an "open" system and a system that utilizes a small electric air compressor. This front dual system needs an "AB" devise I can switch instantaneously. I also need to know where to put a fuse in the electronics. I have only developed a very crude experiment model. I have no pictures right now. I will attemt a free hand line drawing:

The air compressor stays on until the vacuum pot is pulled open. The spring allows a variable rating determined by its tightness. I have practiced setting low = 4hg and with this particular bolt fully tightened the max is 8hg. I can change the range by changing the spring or the bolt or both. (one spring flew off into the yard when I was practicing. The current spring was to long so I cut it down a little).
My next problem is to find a way to take care of the "surging" on-off, on-off etc as the diaphram pulls and the constantly on switch is opened (cutting off the circuit).
The next problem is how to turn on the "aux" mode?? Manual? Tied into the secondary butterflies solenoid switch?
Connected to another sensor?
Should I get a capacitor circuit to create a frequency sequence? Should I smooth the surges or let them occur to help the motor stay cooler? Speaking of:: The motor is small. It is getting very hot. Any ideas about a heat sink??
Right now the motor gets to hot to run constantly. Any ideas about placement? OK thanks, to all. RFT
Attached Files
File Type: doc
crankevacsys.doc (27.0 KB, 15 views)