Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Advice On Major Leakage and Overheating?

Old 10-10-2005, 06:55 AM
TeriMc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice On Major Leakage and Overheating?

Hey!
I have a 91 Integra GS, 106k. Heres the deal:
Last weekend I started the car and was on my way to work and noticed that the car heater didn't blow hot air for like ten minutes, then it was fine. The next day the temp was going up to HOT, and then returning to normal, up and down, up and down.
The following day I took it in for an oil change (I was due anyways) and the oil and coolant levels were completely dry. After that it was fine for about five days. Then it started going hot, and then returning to normal again. I was smelling antifreeze for those five days but thought it was just what they spilled on the surface just burning off, so I checked the coolant level and it was almost completely gone in the reserve tank, so I added antifreeze to it.
I haven't driven it for two days now, I went to check it out this morning, topped of the coolant and started. Immediatly there was coolant dripping like mad right out from under the radiator, under BOTH fans (more on the left side when looking at it). I idled the car for about five minutes and the fans never kicked on, and again, there was no hot air. Im opting not to drive the car today, just topping it off again tomorr\]w and taking it in for a diagnosis. Any ideas on what it might be?
thanks a mil!
Old 10-10-2005, 07:52 AM
AcuraFanatic

Thermostat? h:
Old 10-11-2005, 07:28 AM
97civic97

get a new radiator