Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Replacing Cabin Air Filter

Old 02-03-2005, 11:24 AM
acutee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing Cabin Air Filter 03 TL-S

Hi All,
Could you help with the steps on how to replace the cabin air filter on 03 Acura TL-S Automatic Transmission.

Thanks much
Old 02-03-2005, 01:29 PM
12yearhondatech

I dont have a mannual right in front of me but if I remember right you remove the glove box and it should be rigt there.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:56 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

You get a cabin air filter. I'm so jealous.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:56 AM
acutee

Default Cabin Filter

Thank you very much for your fast response. I knew I have a cabin filter because the dealer charged $155 for the cabin filter replacement. But last night I wanted to make sure everything was done right since the air flow was so weak. I am not complaining about the fees, they need to run a business. But with the fees they charged, they should have done it correctly. A lot of customers just need a reliable vehicle regardless of the maintenance costs. Do it right and they pay. Everybody needs to make a living. And, it turned out wrong, they had the filter arrow correctly aligned with the plastic frame but did not inserted them the right direction. And there is no indications of which way you should put it in. If I did remove the orginals, I would put it back correctly. But, I figured it out myself. For the new players, you need guidance from someone who has done it because the original instructions maybe too detailed to sound complicated. It is so easy after you have done it, it will be just 15min.

- Removed one screw on the right of the glove box (the air shock screw)
- Remove the two stoppers, just pop these taps out. I did it by hand just to make sure I dont break anything. or just use flat screw driver.
- Now, the glove box will drop down, allow you to access and remove the 2 screws holding the glovebox to the dash. Then, take glove box out the way. You are 90% done at this point.
- If the cabin air filter was not replaced before, then you will have to clip off the teeth on both sides holding the piece of plastic that has two holes. Save this plastic.
- Remove the verticle plastic bracket by pulling from the bottom out.
- Now just remove the filters, the bottom one first. You cant remove the top one first because it will be blocked. But, you can remove any order you like if you could. it will be no harm.
- Just make a note how you removed it, and put it back in the same way.
- Use the plastic you cut out, turn it horizontal and use the provided screws on the frame there to secure this plastic.
- The rest is just the reverse order to put everything back.

Tips: in my case, my cabin filter was replaced by the dealer and I didn't know how it was originally. It turned out wrong.
- First you have to line up the arrows in the same direction as the plastic frame. they did.
- Now, the question is, how do you know which way the arrow is pointing to? to the Left Door or to the Right Door? (03 TL-S automatic). The dealer did mine wrong. I can see the blower is on the right next to right door side, but no sign indicates which way is correct to insert the filter.
- Here is what I figured out, each white filter frame has a pulling tab on it, each tab has to fit in the slot on the black frame. If you insert it wrong way, then the pulling tab will not align with the slot. So, just make sure each tab fit in each slot and you are correct. With the way the tabs fit in, the air flow is going from right door to the left door, or from the passenger side to the driver side.

***Everyone has different techniques of doing things. So, Don't blame me if you break anything. You break, you pay***

***Anyone correct me if I am wrong about the air flow direction. Is it right that the air flow is going from the left door to the right door? Meaning the filter arrow has to point to the left door.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:20 AM
FRANCIS007

where can i find the cabin filter.can anyone help with replacing timing belt?

Last edited by FRANCIS007; 08-29-2008 at 05:26 AM.