Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Why are my tires leaning in?

Old 01-23-2005, 03:33 PM
imnot4n
Dangerously Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why are my tires leaning in?

My right rear and right front tires are leaning in. I just recently got a wheel alignment at Pep Boys, and the guy told me that I need a camber kit to straighten the wheels back and get my steering wheel to align back up straight(slightly leaning to the right). I am confused because I can only find cambers for the front wheels (under the hood) . Im not sure where to go or really what to look for at that. Please leave what info you have, and some suggestions on where to get what I need. Thank you.
Old 01-23-2005, 04:03 PM
carta79
Life after death

Sounds like negative camber to me. What are you lowered at?

I have close to 2 inch drop with no camber problems at all. Your dropped on coilovers I'm guessing.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:00 PM
teg92
WHAT OK YEAH!

try this website http://www.importhorizon.com/ingallsacura.html
they have some good front and rear camber kits
Old 01-23-2005, 06:28 PM
SP00NFed
FuK JDM

[QUOTE=carta79]Sounds like negative camber to me. QUOTE]

Thats what im guessing too
Old 01-24-2005, 12:52 PM
daveb91
Boo Boo Kitty F*#k

Just the right? did you damage it somehow?
Old 01-24-2005, 03:32 PM
imnot4n
Dangerously Advanced

Default damage

Yes Dave, I did get into a little accident in March 2004. Its a long story, but it ended up being my fault (failing to yeild to uncoming traffic). The pic really explains the damage itself, exept you cant see the damage done to the frame on the inside passenger side panel. That is what I enitially thought about the right tires leaning. But that doesnt really explain the rear right tire though. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
641433_17_full.jpg (19.9 KB, 110 views)
Old 01-28-2005, 03:35 PM
MIRRAdekcpe

Default .

pic is hard to see, but if the top of your wheels/tires are leaning inward / ( like this, rear view of car, left side), that camber....if you smacked a curb or got hit and it looks like this \ ( left side of car) you have more serious issues, like a bent lower control arm and other parts.......

as for correcting camber on 92-00 civics on the rear without buying a camber kit, you can do this, i've done it several times...
when you take the strut out on the rear, there is a control arm which is connected from the wheel assembly and to the frame rail of the car.........it is held onto the frame rail by 2 bolts, and i believe they are 17mm...well what you do, is get
( 8 ) 1/8th inch thich washers, at your local hardware store......you put (2) washers behind each bolt and bolt them back up....a help tip-- to get these bolts out and then back in, use a jack....jack up the wheel assembly to relieve the weight/pressure on the bolts b4 you try to take them out....then when you go to put the bolts back in, the holes will still be aligned, that and the wheel assembly won't fall....b/c when you take these bolts out, the assembly will drop.............so tha -how to- what this does, is by schimming the control arm, it pushes the top part of the wheel assembly outward, and in turn pulls the bottom part inward....correcting your camber..... going from this / to this |