Thread: squeaking sound from my integra?

squeaking sound from my integra?

Hi, I'm new to this forum so I'm not sure if I'm putting this in the right place. Anways, here's my problem:

I have a 1990 Acura Integra LS with 250,000 miles on it. This squeaking sound from the driver side has been going on for about a month or more now. It sounds like a bird and starts squeaking faster when the car goes faster. The car drives fine, but I'm afraid something might fall apart sooner or later. I'm pretty sure it's not the CV joint because that was replaced 2 months ago. The alternator was replaced last November. What could be wrong with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Qing Cong
    Hi, I'm new to this forum so I'm not sure if I'm putting this in the right place. Anways, here's my problem:

I have a 1990 Acura Integra LS with 250,000 miles on it. This squeaking sound from the driver side has been going on for about a month or more now. It sounds like a bird and starts squeaking faster when the car goes faster. The car drives fine, but I'm afraid something might fall apart sooner or later. I'm pretty sure it's not the CV joint because that was replaced 2 months ago. The alternator was replaced last November. What could be wrong with it?
    my guess would be the alternator cable, tighten it up more and see how it runs

The correct place would've been the integra forums, this is Do It Yourself, basically how to make cool things for your car, yourself. Not repairs

On another note : It doesnt really sound like CV join to me, I would think it would be belt tensions like Cleverjaja said. Check all the tensions.
    ///'s

You can't pinpoint the sound in idle? Only when you are driving? How bout when it's cold or when it warms up?

All-in-all it probably is a belt tension problem.

maybe its a tumor

adjust your idle screw, it may be in too tight. seriously- mine was.

Honda-Acura
    Honda S2000

Honda-Acura