Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

S2000: Locked Out of Sixth

Old 11-26-2003, 10:37 AM
BoxsterETR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2000 Troubles

I have an 01 MY S2000 and I am locked out of sixth gear. This is not a huge problem, more of a nuisance. It also does not aid in gas mileage. I am not sure what the problem is. I'm sure it is because I stripped the gear one day, although I don't make a habit of stripping gears. I took the car to the Honda dealership. They had it for 3 weeks and didn't even look at the car. I am a little upset with them. I used to own a 97 Integra and was locked out of fourth gear for a few days, but it let me back in. I have been locked out of 6th in the S2000 for over a month now. Does anyone have a suggestion? Please help.

Matt
Old 11-26-2003, 03:06 PM
vassil3427

Well is it was my car, I would call up Honda of America and complain about the very poor service you received(They should get you a new appointment). As to what your problem is, I would just have the dealer look at it...

P.S. I noticed you're in Ohio(I am too), what dealership did you take it too?
Old 11-26-2003, 11:27 PM
BoxsterETR

The dealership was Hidy Honda in Southwestern Ohio (Beavercreek). They usually do good work, but they fell way short this time.
Old 11-28-2003, 11:21 PM
firebane

I'm up in Prince George, British Columbia in Canuckland and our Honda dealer here totally sucks ass. I mean you call em and you'll be lucky to get anyone in parts, and when you do they know nothing except whats on the computer in front of em.
Old 12-01-2003, 04:34 PM
kfar09

i live in cincinnati and the honda dealership here (performance honda) is pretty good. i take my integra there for my service b/c i get a discount but they are always great on service. beavercreek isn't that far away so i would suggest making an appointment down here and have them service it. it is on rt.4 if you didn't know