Notices
Detailing Forum Advice on detailing from the experts.

Water Spots. How to remove?

Old 07-20-2007, 05:25 AM
Johar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water Spots. How to remove?

I have a waverunner, its brand new. After being used for a couple weeks there are waterspots completely caked onto the paint. What is the best stuff to use to rid my waverunner of any waterspots?
Old 07-20-2007, 07:06 AM
boltuprite

any type of a pre-wax cleaner should work. I find that Turtle Wax Bug and Tar remover will remove almost anything from the paint. Once you get waterspots out I would recomend you give the waverunner a good coat of wax.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:18 PM
Johar

I ended up hearing about white distilled vineger. I tried it out and it pulled out all of the spots. I then did indeed give it a good coat of wax. Now it looks horrible again after a couple uses, but at least it is protected.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:17 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

To get the spots out you're gonna have to polish them out. Do you have a buffer? After you polish the thing I'd suggest a nice polymer sealant because it's alot more durable than wax, will last alot longer, and it protects better as well. If you want one you can get at a local store, DuraGloss #111 would be the best choice, if you want a boutique brand, Chemical Guys JetSeal is a good one. You can then top the sealant with a coat of wax if you so choose for a little added protection. Then after each session you might want to QD it with DuraGloss AquaWax QD spray.
Old 09-13-2022, 04:40 AM
Mark Bloom

Here is a great guide on water spot removal. It covers all sorts of issues you might run into and how to deal with them:
https://www.ceramiccoatexpert.com/po...eramic-coating