Notices
Detailing Forum Advice on detailing from the experts.

Ask a Professional Detailer...

Old 05-01-2006, 06:49 PM
loafeidb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont want to sound like a dumbass but do HAN members get discounts when buying from you guys, reason I ask is im looking into buying like $380 worth of stuff from you guys and any discount will help
Old 05-02-2006, 05:58 AM
Detailed Image
Registered

Originally Posted by loafeidb
I dont want to sound like a dumbass but do HAN members get discounts when buying from you guys, reason I ask is im looking into buying like $380 worth of stuff from you guys and any discount will help
PM me with what you have tally'd up and I'll give you a price quote. When our new site launches in may I'll have a set discount code for H-A.net

Thank you for your interest! If you have any questions what-so-ever, please do not hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,

George @ Detailed Image
Old 05-07-2006, 03:00 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is more of a general complaint than it is a question.

Why the heck are white cars so hard to detail :madr:
You can't see the wax/polish!!
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 05-08-2006, 06:20 AM
Detailed Image
Registered

Lighter cars definately are tougher to make pop than darker cars, but with the proper combination of products and techniques, it definately is possible.

What products are you using now Nelson? I'll see if I can fine tune that specifically for white (lighter) colored cars.

George @ Detailed Image
Old 05-09-2006, 08:44 AM
MuleS2K

What's the best way to clean and protect a convertible's top?
Old 05-10-2006, 06:15 AM
Detailed Image
Registered

Originally Posted by MuleS2K
What's the best way to clean and protect a convertible's top?
First thing you want to do is wash and dry as normal then follow up with these two steps.

My favorite combo for canvas tops are:

303 Fabric Cleaner - Clean up existing stains and prep the surface for the protectant. This product has many benefits. 1) It's a concentrated formula, so you can dillute it to the ratio that is needed to remove the stain. 2) It's a amazing all purpose cleaner for leather, vinyl, rubber, carpets, engine degreaser, and plastic. We usually use a 6:1 (water:303) mixture for most instances so that will make 6 x 32oz bottles = 192oz of cleaning solution.

303 High Tech Fabric Guard - This will help bead water and prevent stains from penetrating into the convertible top. Also works well on carpets and floor mats to prevent future staining.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,

George @ Detailed Image
Old 05-11-2006, 03:13 AM
MuleS2K

Originally Posted by Detailed Image
First thing you want to do is wash and dry as normal then follow up with these two steps.

My favorite combo for canvas tops are:

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,

George @ Detailed Image
Thanks!
Old 05-14-2006, 08:56 PM
jdmeg6hatchy
i

just curious, but ive noticed that dealership ire wet/shine stays on the tires and shines them a lot longer than anything ive ever used. whats a good brand????
Old 05-15-2006, 06:03 AM
Detailed Image
Registered

It depends what you are looking for in a tire shine. If its just durability then the stuff they use at dealerships will be what you want to invest your money in. They are silicone based tire dressings which are more durable, however they have many downsides. a) they sit on the surface rather than get absorbed into the tire, what this results in is excess product sling onto your paint which can be damaging since there is a high concentration of solvents in silicone based dressings b) they can damage your tires over time and lessen the life of them. They can cause that browning look on tires and definately is not safe for events such as autocrossing.

We strongly suggest a water based dressing that is safe for your tire because they get absorbed into the tire which results in little to no sling. They give it more of the new tire look rather than the wet glossy shine. They are not damaging to the paint or tires.

Our popular ones are Poorboy's Bold 'n Bright and 303 Aerospace Protectant.

Hope this helps your decision.

George @ Detailed Image
Old 05-15-2006, 08:45 PM
jdmeg6hatchy
i

hey thanks man! thats great!