Notices

civic ac compressor help

Old 07-06-2012, 09:05 AM
Bad_Religion
????????

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default civic ac compressor help

97 civic 1.6 im looking to get ac and my compressor has no belt on it to test if it works is there a way to test it without the belt to see if it works befor i go buy a belt and freon?
Old 07-19-2012, 02:46 AM
Black_B18C1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your going to need the belt. After the belt is on turn on the ac and see if the clutch engages.If that don't work, run 12 volts straight to the compressor to make the clutch engages while the car is running and ac button is on. If it comes on the pressure switch is bad or the freon is low. You can rule out the freon by using a set of ac gauges to check if their is any freon in the system at all. If their is no freon you will need a vacuum system to pull vacuum to check for leaks. If the compressor don't come on with 12 volts straight, its bad. Then you will need a new one, reciver-drier, a complete system douche, the right amount of freon and ac oil. If you take any lines loose, be sure to replace the green o-rings with new ones. Put ac oil on them. When you pull vacuum, be sure and pull for about 30 minutes. It should pull to 30-35 on vacuum.A hanes manual will tell you the amount of freon and oil you will need. You can rent the gauges and vacuum pump from autozone. If you have never done ac work before, find someone to help you that knows how, or pay someone to do it. I hope this helps.