Notices

Brake problem

Old 07-04-2008, 12:14 PM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake problem

Hey all! I haven't been on here for quite awhile so it's good to be back. My CRX hasn't been driven in quite a while since I got my new car, but I wanna get it back into driving shape. It's actually fairly good to go, but I noticed that the brake pedal goes to the floor now, with little to no resistance. It was working fine when I stopped driving it, but now it's acting up. The fluid level is fine and doesn't leak out even after pumping the brakes several times, so I assume the lines are okay.
I'm pretty affluent with fixing cars but I don't exactly know where to start, my guess would be to bleed the brakes. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for the help in advance.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:41 PM
ChrisS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, bleed the brakes (it might be a good idea to remove the old brake fluid with turkey baster and flush the brake system completely; brake fluid absorbs water).

Also:
-inspect each brake caliper(or drum) for leaks
-look at where the master cylinder attaches to the vacuum assist. If the paint on the vacuum assist below the master cylinder is bubbling up, you might have to replace the master cylinder seals (or the master cylinder itself).