Notices

1 gen b16a in a 91 civic si wont start help

Old 04-04-2014, 11:21 AM
gingas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1 gen b16a in a 91 civic si wont start help

Yes i have a new 91 Ls alternator & a new sears die hard battery. My car sat few days. Today went out to start car. All my lights dead when u turn key. My neighbor did hit my car back in feb. so i'm still waiting to get car fixed. Could this be causing my battery to be dying on me. I took battery out car & went to sears to check if my new battery was good or bad. They charged overnight & battery came back good. installed battery when i got back home. Car fired right up. So car sat a week & today nothing. Yeah I have to have driver fender replaced but my door can be fixed. Quoted me 1600 bucks. Any suggestions be real helpful
Old 04-07-2014, 02:29 PM
ChrisS

Check the brake lights switch's plastic bumper.
The brake lights circuit is one of the few _always hot_ circuits in the car; the horn is another.

If that little plastic bumper fails your brake lights are always on. (In my crx, it failed at work and I had to jump start the car because the battery was completely dead.)

Take Care,
ChrisS

PS,
look for:
-always hot wires that are shorted to ground (maybe in the area your car was hit; wires pinched in crush zone)
-any aftermarket accessories wired always hot in your car? (instead of into ACC hot)

Last edited by ChrisS; 04-21-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:58 PM
gingas

Hey ChrisS,
yes I already had that piece you talking about replaced after I had the first alternator replaced. My third brake light & brake lights stayed on after I picked up car from shop. Took to shop next day & that's what they said was replaced. They thought it was a pinched wire but was my alternator. Took car to another shop for another alternator.
That shop said go to a auto electronic shop specializing in elctrical work or speed shop who knows motor swaps. never got around to that yet. So you think I still could have a pinched wire somewhere. My car was parked in front of my house when it got hit.

Thank you for responding back
Old 10-21-2014, 10:49 AM
anjleena123

hey what all would i have to do to my 90 hatch to put a b16b the type r one and all the parts i would need? will you guide me about it
Old 12-02-2014, 07:03 PM
gingas

Whats good anjleena123. Been a minute since being on here. I would get a B18c jdm gsr swap with lsd. Were you staying cable tranny or converting to hydro .Much more torque than the b16b. Also 180 hp vs 185 b16b. Also, is your hatch a dx or si. I'm sure other people who did this swap can help. I use to have a 1 gen b16a in my 91 civic si, but sold it. I miss that joint.