Notices

99 TL...very strange

Old 08-27-2010, 10:02 AM
cartwright36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 TL...very strange

ok,so about a week ago my A/C stops working..not stops blowing just stops blowing cold air..the heater stopped as well..still blows..just not heat..as far as the A/C the compressor kicks on..all the relays are good..full of refridgerant
just wont blow cold air..im at a loss...then today my ABS lights comes on..a few minutes later the TCS light comes on...and only have headlights on bright...any ideas what kinda gremlin i have inside this thing...car still runs great
Old 08-28-2010, 11:57 AM
cruzalekz

did you put new stereo or aftermarket alarm to it recently before this thing happened? if yes, then you know what happened to one of your wires. defenitely electrical though
Old 09-04-2010, 10:37 AM
cartwright36

well, took it to the Acura dealership yesterday...seems a rodent had chewed through the wire going to the A/C coil clutch...they want 560 dollars to fix it...the mechanic told me that the dealer makes them replace the whole coil and harness,but all i have to do is splice the wire back....spent a few hours working on it..took forever to get to the wire then there is no hand room to work, finally got it fixed and i have cold air now...the dim bulbs are both blown, gonna cost me like 365 to have them replaced,but at least i have cold air again
Old 09-18-2010, 08:58 AM
cruzalekz

for sure that you have wiring issues... only a pro could solve this as it needs to be tackled one by one. eventually will require great knowledge on system wiring diagrams.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:34 AM
Carbuff

Interestingly, Honda now sells a Rodent Proof Tape to wrap around wiring harnesses. Apparently recyclable wire insulation tastes good! (But is it good for you?)

Here's a discussion:
http://tinyurl.com/2al4dsg

Last edited by Carbuff; 09-19-2010 at 11:35 AM.