Notices

acura cl brake problem

Old 11-29-2009, 07:15 PM
drobert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default acura cl brake problem

My daughters 98 acura cl brakes seem to come on automatically. happened randomly once a month to start, now happens ever other day. does not lock up but dramatically slows car and front brakes get hot, then after a few miles it goes away, i put new rotors and pads on front and rear about 6 months ago. I bought the car wrecked and repaired it, front end damage. I am lost on this one, it shows no codes? help please if anyone has any ideas, tks
Old 11-29-2009, 11:52 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

If I have to guess, I would say something is wrong with either the front calipers, possibly sticking pistons.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:42 AM
drobert

Default brake problems

what i cant understand is that this happens for a few minutes and then the thing clears up and may do fine for the rest of the day? If it was a caliper wouldnt it stick once it got hot and then stay until it cooled off? I am really aggrevated with this thing. Thinking about putting new fluid in master cyl or a new master cyl. Its like something wont let the brakes(front predominately) release and then it releases after a few miles and is fine?
Old 01-05-2010, 11:32 PM
millonmake
Banned

A great deal of the quality of your vehicle’s stop relies upon the condition of your Acura CL brake rotors. If your CL brake rotors are worn, warped, or have sustained damage, such as scratching or grooving, which can come from failing to replace worn brake pads in a timely fashion, then the smoothness of your slowing and stopping will be compromised and if the elements that help to disperse heat are no longer working effectively, you may experience difficulty in holding a stop due to brake fading. There are a variety of symptoms that can alert you to the need to give your Acura CL brake rotors a good looking over, including a vibration that you can feel through the brake pedal and a rhythmic sort of grinding or scraping noise, which tends to be noticed more in the lower speed ranges.

Your CL brake rotors serve two primary purposes within your braking system, to help disperse the heat created by the process of braking and to provide a surface for your brake pads to rub against, which slows and stops your vehicle due to the friction. If the reason for the malfunction of your Acura CL brake rotors is due to scratching or grooving, you may be able to have them smoothed by machining them, but if the cause of your problem is warping, replacement is basically your only option.
===================================
ivf clinic
free internet dating services
Old 01-11-2010, 01:05 AM
ibar
Banned

EBC ULTIMAX BRAKE PAD SET -- R90 tested and approved; Made from premium quality friction material with part metallic content to greatly reduce chances of brake vibration and improve braking performance; Features EBC Brake-In surface coating that provides instant brake efficiency on installation, eliminates the need for installer to bed-in the brakes after fitment and conditions rotor surface to remove glaze and scale; Shimmed, chamfered, and slotted to prevent heat expansion cracks and to reduce brake noise; With unique powdercoated finish on both pad and back plate giving lifetime resistance to corrosion and preventing moisture ingress; Produces minimal dust and is the perfect choice for the urban or daily driver; Recommended for sedans, light trucks and SUVs; With EBC's limited 1-year or 10,000-mile warranty.
====================
Turbo Charger
vending parts
Old 01-11-2010, 11:29 AM
cKristina
Acura Owner

Its most likely your calipers in the front.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:20 PM
aspen007

Check the two caliper pins on the front caliper. I've had situations where the pins have gotten corroded and keep the outside of the caliper from releasing when the piston releases. One way to tell if the caliper pin is the problem is to check if the outside pad is wearing down much quicker than the inside pad.

Usually you can remove, clean and lubricate the pins. However, if they've deteriorated too much you may need to replace them.