Notices

HID Inverter & bulbs a rip off

Old 12-10-2008, 05:42 PM
BlackCLS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID Inverter & bulbs a rip off

How can something as simple as a ballast inverter inside a sheet metal housing cost $300 to $400? My drivers side headlight failed & kept blowing fuses. I figure the least costly option would be to buy a new bulb. I found a place I could buy replacement bulbs for $48 for a pair (the auto parts stores here wanted $106 each) I put the bulb in after having to remove a bunch of crap to get to it. I put the bulb in & bam!!!!!! NO light working...eck So I said screw it I cant waste more time messing with it & i took it to the local garage. I told the guy what i did & told him it was probably the ballast. It was the ballast......$500 later i was good to go. All that for a f'n headlight!!!!!! Anyway i thought i would share the nightmare with you all lol
Old 12-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Tedmond

the ballast would only go bad if there was never enough current powering them. if you did a DIY and got one of those plug and play kits, thats why your ballast is now shot.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:48 AM
Spec R

Originally Posted by Tedmond
the ballast would only go bad if there was never enough current powering them. if you did a DIY and got one of those plug and play kits, thats why your ballast is now shot.
I believe he was talking about the one that came with his car from the factory. no plug and play action here.