Notices

97 CL O2 senor issue

Old 10-18-2008, 10:20 AM
Mr. Pickles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 CL O2 senor issue

Hi there. My 97 CL 2.2 is playing games with me. I got a CEL, and went to Autozone and had them run the codes (I didn't see the code that came up), and they said bank 1 sensor 1 (front upstream sensor), the heater circuit was toast. Ok, so I replaced it after about 2 weeks and..... CEL. Ok, I figured it would need to be cleared, so I disconnected the battery for a while... CEL. Back to Autozone to clear the code... CEL came right back. GRRR now its showing I believe P141 or something like that, for sensor 2 (rear downstream sensor). What the?? Is it common for both to go nearly at the same time, or do you think having upstream out ended up killing the downstream one? Or maybe I just got an idiot reading the code the first time aruond, and he told me the wrong sensor. Any ideas or suggestions or thoughts?
Old 10-20-2008, 11:24 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

If your car was running super lean or super rich because of the 1st sensor, then it could damage the 2nd sensor. How many miles are on your car?
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Mr. Pickles

139xxx miles. It doesn't seem to be running particularly rich, although its hard to tell. Black car, but there's no excess soot or such on the pipe that I've noticed. Unfortunately, its the wifes car and she has to commute about 40 miles a day, so down time is limited to the weekend. Guess I'll replace #2 and see what happens, I just hate throwing money at problems.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:18 AM
kevlarr33

Default o2 sensor

Most Likely he told you the wrong one, usually they give you a receipt telling you exactly which one it is. I just replaced mine. But if ran a while like that it can damage the other.