Notices

1997 Acura CL cooling fan

Old 07-05-2008, 01:48 PM
prathyushms

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 Acura CL cooling fan

Hi guys,

I have a 1997 Acura 2.2 CL. The A/C works fine. When is drive on freeways, the engine stays at the normal hot temperature (the gauge shows 1/3 hot). When i keep the car on in idle, the engine gets heated up to the max. The cooling fan (on Passenger side) does not turn on until i turn off the Engine. To my knowledge, the cooling fan has to turn on when the radiator is hot and it will go off when the radiator temperature goes below and this keeps repeating. Do you guys know whats wrong with my cooling fan?

Also, when the engine is getting heated up, reached max, all the coolant is pressurized and it leaks from the radiator and the external coolant tank.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Prat
Old 07-06-2008, 08:11 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your sensor is probably dead, not able to kick the fan on when the temperature has reached the kick-on point.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.