Notices

03 Tl Instrument Cluster Problem

Old 12-22-2007, 12:28 PM
mordenenough

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Electrical Gremlin 2003 Tl

I drove my 03 TL to work yesterday, and when I finished my shift, when I started the car, I have no gauges and some of my accessories don't work. Now unfortunately for me I don't yet have a service manual and the car doesn't have an owners manual so as of yet not able to accurately check the fuses and relays. The power windows and sunroof are not working, the gauges do not light up or indicate at all, and for some reason the car will not shift out of second gear? Has anyone else had this issue? Seems rather odd.
Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks
The following users liked this post:
Rivera87 (12-10-2019)
Old 12-23-2007, 05:28 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your car started without any problems, I would have to guess it is either a fuse problem or relay problem or a combination of both. You don't need a manual to check your fuses, one underneath the dash and one in the engine compartment.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 12-24-2007, 05:51 AM
mordenenough

Default 03 Tl Instrument Cluster Problem

I just bought a used 03 TL, I drove it to work the other night, finished my shift, went to drive home and gauge cluster is dead!!!! No gauges at all, but turn signals work, vehicle starts no problem, will drive but won't shift out of second gear, no power windows and no power moon roof!!!! All of this worked the night before. What gives any ideas? Help here would be much appreciated. Though about a bad fuse but haven't found one yet, how are all of these thing connected? Do they share a relay somewhere? Don't know much about these cars yet, but something tells me I will!!!! Please advise if you can help.

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL
Old 12-24-2007, 10:35 AM
mordenenough

This is now what I know, the third fuse down on the panel inside the car labelled (gauges/back up lights) was burned out. I replaced it and discovered that as soon as I put the car in reverse it burns out. So this leads me to believe that I either have a short in the back up lights or somehow in shifter mechanism...that tells the lights its in reverse. Any ideas on the matter would be appreciated. Something tells me this fuse also controls the heated seats, maybe I'll check there as well.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:39 AM
mordenenough

I found out the fuse labelled (gauges/back up lights) was burned out but when I replaced it discovered that when I put the car in reverse it pops again. There must be a short in the backup circuit. Is the transmission electronic, does it take any input from the gear selector/gauges to decide when and how to shift? Trying to trouble shoot blind... don't know much about these cars only owned it three days. Problem just started last owner (friend of mine) never had this trouble. Any idea let me know thanks all.
Old 07-04-2015, 05:31 PM
2003acura

Hi.. I have the same problem. Haven't checked that fuse yet. Will try in the morning. Did you ever figure out what the problem was. If so any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 07-28-2015, 02:44 PM
2003acura

Hi. I have the same problem. Don't know about driving not being able to shift out of second gear as I have taken the dash gauges out, disconnected the PCM and Drivers Multiplex control unit then turned the ignition to position 2 and immediately blew fuse 9 (third from the top in drivers fuse panel). I have the manual for my 2003 Acura TL but it doesn't identify the outputs of the fuse panel to the connector of the wire harness to the gauge assembly. I am still in the process of troubleshooting. Have any of the previous thread members rectified their problems? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:13 AM
Rivera87

Default 2005 TL cluster

Originally Posted by mordenenough
I drove my 03 TL to work yesterday, and when I finished my shift, when I started the car, I have no gauges and some of my accessories don't work. Now unfortunately for me I don't yet have a service manual and the car doesn't have an owners manual so as of yet not able to accurately check the fuses and relays. The power windows and sunroof are not working, the gauges do not light up or indicate at all, and for some reason the car will not shift out of second gear? Has anyone else had this issue? Seems rather odd.
Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks
I have a 2005 Acura to and I have the exact same systems, did you ever figure out what was wrong with yours?
Old 12-10-2019, 04:19 AM
Rivera87

Default 2005 Acura TL

Originally Posted by 2003acura
Hi. I have the same problem. Don't know about driving not being able to shift out of second gear as I have taken the dash gauges out, disconnected the PCM and Drivers Multiplex control unit then turned the ignition to position 2 and immediately blew fuse 9 (third from the top in drivers fuse panel). I have the manual for my 2003 Acura TL but it doesn't identify the outputs of the fuse panel to the connector of the wire harness to the gauge assembly. I am still in the process of troubleshooting. Have any of the previous thread members rectified their problems? Any help would be appreciated.
toI have a 2005 Acura TL have the same exact problem it was working just fine have had the car for 11 years just recently disconnected my hands free link beacuse it went out and it kept draining battery now my windows won’t roll down sunroof won’t open turn signals don’t work wipers don’t work radio or clock on dash have checked all fuses and seem to be fine and relays did you ever figure out what was wrong with yours? If so can you contact me or anybody at rudyrivera33387@gmail.com thanks