Notices

beware of Hamburger1971

Old 04-22-2003, 04:52 PM
surferkai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default beware of Hamburger1971

this is my story:

i saw a post for Tokico Blues and Ground Control Coilovers on the For Sale and Trade board on HAN. i contacted the guy several times and i decided to buy them from him for $440 shipped. he said they were used but only for about 3000 miles. i pay him the money thru paypal, and he says he's going to ship them the next day. i call him the next day and he says he shipped them, but he didn't have the tracking number with him. i told him that was fine, and just pm me the tracking number. so he doesn't pm me for 4 days, so i call him and he's real vague on whether he shipped them out or not. this is after he ALREADY told me that he HAD shipped them out and received a tracking number. so he finally sends me a tracking number the next day, and i enter it into the USPS website. it said that it had been shipped the SAME DAY that he had sent me the tracking number, which is almost a week after he told me he had sent it. but i figure, hey at least he sent them, and he told me he shipped them Priority Mail, so within a week i should get them. a week goes by, and i keep tracking it on the USPS website. says the same thing everyday. so i keep calling him, and he's away on business and whatnot, so i just keep my fingers crossed. after 3 1/2 weeks go by, i file the buyer complaint on PayPal. he gets chapped about it and says it's weak to file the complaint when he gave me the tracking number and everything. but i tell him it's nothing personal and it's just to protect me. if i receive the item, i can cancel it. so after a month and a week, i finally receive the items, in a box that is almost completely torn apart. i don't know if it was due to the post office handling it, or to bad packing, but the box is not looking good. but i'm stoked to get the struts and coilovers, so i contact him and tell him that i got it and i'm going to cancel the complaint on PayPal. i cancel the complaint before i really take everything out of the box and look at it. i get everything out the next day and the coilovers don't look too bad, but the struts look like they have seen WAY more than 3000 miles. they all have really weak compression, and one of them is straight up blown. it will not rebound on it's own you have to pull it out. anyway, so i try to contact him thru HAN post messageing and email, and it's been 2 weeks and he hasn't replied. i want him to give me some money back for the blown struts, or i am willing to send all of it back to him for a refund. he still hasn't replied to me though so i'm posting my story as warning. man i hate dishonest people...
Old 05-26-2003, 05:54 PM
surferkai

has anyone else dealt with hamburger1971 ?
Old 06-23-2003, 08:38 AM
BonzoAPD

do you have the link to the ordiginal post? I think I dealt with him as well although I didn't buy them since he was too shady and never sent me pics of the items.