Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

DICE iPod and HD Radio kits for Honda's and Acura's are available!

Old 06-20-2007, 11:51 PM
Nick@DICE
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Omie
i have an 03 honda pilot with no navi just am/fm/cd/cassette do you have anything for my truck and would i still be able to control with the steering wheel and would it be displayed on the radio?

Unless you have the XM button on your headunit (I don't think 03 Pilots do) you're not going to have text. But your steering wheel controls will work just fine.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:30 AM
Nick@DICE
Banned

Yesterday I spent some time experimenting with the Wiki software as a demo for my company but since the DICE store is acting funny in regards to compatibility I'll link to what I did. This is a chart for all Honda cars and here is one for all Acura cars.

After you find the right kit for your car, you can use these links to take you directly to the correct item:
i-Honda-R3 and i-Honda-R4

i-Honda-R2

Last edited by Nick@DICE; 06-22-2007 at 11:00 AM.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:30 PM
mtran1977

Nick,
I obtained an IceLink Plus Honda R2 interface from my friend, and it is not working properly on my 2003 Acura MDX w/ navigation (no DVD entertainment system).

All the wiring connectors fit, the Dension UI shows up on my Video Ipod (Gen 5.5), but the radio will not control the Dension UI. The radio displays a flashing number 1 (where the CD number is usually displayed), like it is trying to load CD1. Sound works perfectly if I start playing the song before plugging the Ipod in, but the radio controls never work. I was also able to load the latest firmware (2.17) into the IceLink but that didn't solve the problem.

Have you seen this problem before? Is the hardware on the Dice Honda R2 any better than the IceLink, or will I have the exact same problem if I purchase the Dice?

Also, I was wondering if I could buy the Dice AUX Ipod integration kit, and reuse the wiring connectors from the IceLink. From the pictures, the connectors look exactly the same. Thanks for your help.

http://www.diceelectronics.com/Merch...egory_Code=AUX
Old 06-27-2007, 02:12 PM
Nick@DICE
Banned

Originally Posted by mtran1977
Nick,
I obtained an IceLink Plus Honda R2 interface from my friend, and it is not working properly on my 2003 Acura MDX w/ navigation (no DVD entertainment system).

All the wiring connectors fit, the Dension UI shows up on my Video Ipod (Gen 5.5), but the radio will not control the Dension UI. The radio displays a flashing number 1 (where the CD number is usually displayed), like it is trying to load CD1. Sound works perfectly if I start playing the song before plugging the Ipod in, but the radio controls never work. I was also able to load the latest firmware (2.17) into the IceLink but that didn't solve the problem.

Have you seen this problem before? Is the hardware on the Dice Honda R2 any better than the IceLink, or will I have the exact same problem if I purchase the Dice?

Also, I was wondering if I could buy the Dice AUX Ipod integration kit, and reuse the wiring connectors from the IceLink. From the pictures, the connectors look exactly the same. Thanks for your help.

http://www.diceelectronics.com/Merch...egory_Code=AUX

The IceLink was junk for Honda - most kits never worked. The hardware and software is completely different, they're not related at all. If you get the AUX kit you'll have to swap the cable to the back of the radio. Keep in mind that you won't have radio control but it will charge the iPod.

If you get the i-Honda-R2 kit (the DICE version) it will work correctly and it will use the same cable as what's plugged in right now. You won't have text, but you will have headunit/steering wheel controls.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:13 PM
newgsrdriver

Great product and great customer service.

Make one for 05/06 C55's, one of the reasons I wont consider the car. No IPOD, no happy :P
Old 07-02-2007, 01:57 PM
Nick@DICE
Banned

Originally Posted by newgsrdriver
Great product and great customer service.

Make one for 05/06 C55's, one of the reasons I wont consider the car. No IPOD, no happy :P

We just picked up one of those Mercedes with Infrared and every single bell and whistle, so it may be coming.... h:
Old 07-12-2007, 09:48 AM
philbake

Default '05 Acura TL w/o Nav?

Sorry, I'm a little unclear...is the HD version available (w/full functionality) for the '05 TL without Nav?
Old 07-12-2007, 10:01 AM
Nick@DICE
Banned

Originally Posted by philbake
Sorry, I'm a little unclear...is the HD version available (w/full functionality) for the '05 TL without Nav?
Yes, no problem. You'll see full text - you don't need Navi to use either product. I would recommend you use our kit in SAT mode so you have text display, it's alot easier using HD Radio with it.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:19 AM
philbake

OK...if I do that, does the XM completely not work, or is it just the display that doesn't work? I currently have an XM Subscription.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Nick@DICE
Banned

Originally Posted by philbake
OK...if I do that, does the XM completely not work, or is it just the display that doesn't work? I currently have an XM Subscription.
You can keep your XM, but you'll lose text display from the iPod/HD kit only. If you remove your XM, you can have text from the iPod/HD kit.