Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Advice on remote starter for 05 Acura TSX

Old 03-24-2006, 03:48 PM
complexs6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on remote starter for 05 Acura TSX

Hello I want to get a remote starter to install in my 05Acura TSX. I saw this on the internet but was curious if anyone has recommended ones. I would like to get one thats easy to install, any recommendations would help and be grealty appreciated. I would like to get the newer ones with lcd screens on them.

By the way I am not sure how good that remote starter is I am sure there is better ones but I am not sure.

Last edited by complexs6; 03-24-2006 at 05:02 PM.
Old 03-24-2006, 04:46 PM
VPUPPY

Do you plan on the installing it yourself? If so, have you installed an alarm before?
Old 03-24-2006, 05:01 PM
complexs6

Thanks for the reply, Yes I plan to install it myself and no I never have.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:16 PM
VPUPPY

Ok, if you don't have a background in electronics and wiring, I would get it professionally installed. There are a lot of things to know and your car is pretty new. There is a lot of wiring involved and testing of wires. On top of that, you will need a bypass module along with an alarm so you can bypass the Honda immobilizer system. I would recommend any alarm made by DEI(Directed Electronics Inc.). They make an assortment of alarms...my favorite is the Viper 791xv.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:35 PM
complexs6

Who would be able to install it professionally?Maybe my dealer and would they trip out and say it might void my warranty? I am extremely careful who I leave my car with and dont really trust just any guy to install it. Thanks again VPUPPY
Old 03-25-2006, 04:30 AM
VPUPPY

No problem. Usually here in Florida, window tint shops install them(they usually have alarm manufacturer logos on their ads). Don't know about where you live. Also, Circuit City and Best Buy do installs also. One way I would find the right shop is ask how they install. Do they use wire connectors(crimp connects) or do they solder the connections. Its better that they solder the connection on so there is less likely of a chance of a wire coming loose. I learned to install alarms and remote start systems by soldering. I used to work for Circuit City and they always solder. As for the dealer, I have a feeling they will not install it. You could try though. On the warranty, they usually don't care. I would call and ask beforehand though.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:27 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

installing a remote starter/alarm is no joke... there are a ton of wires to install, and it can be overwhelming. all newer honda/acura cars will also require a immobolizer bypass unit in addition to the starter.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:30 PM
dread_accord

aiight man save your self teh head ache and stay away from teh ebay alarms. i cant tell you how many ppl come to our shop and they get ripped when the shit dont work to well. liek that one guy said dei is the way to go also prestige grate pager units and they are one of the best in the market. Also dont tuch that car if you dont knwo what the hell you are doing. it i sa nice car to work one but you can f up the wiring. and yeah you do need a bypass and an extra key to put in the bypass(556uw) so let a shop do it and one that is know to warranty there work...like ours.lol.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:42 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

new bypass units do not need a spare key.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:32 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Mine is the older key one. I believe its the 556hw that doesn't require it, the one that is for our cars, correct??

BTW. A guy came in today and wanted to buy an alarm an install it himself. I asked him if he had ever installed an alarm before, he said "No." He told me that he has a two year college degree in electronics and that because of that he would have no problem. I though I was going to cry I laughed so hard after he left.

Last edited by totalimmortal; 03-31-2006 at 09:36 PM.