Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

changing head unit with bose factory system

Old 02-28-2006, 09:12 AM
9600baud
JDM rox ur world

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default changing head unit with bose factory system

On the RSX-S they all have the bose system right? What is that exactly? I been trying to find info on it and it sounds like its a factory amp and subwoofer??

In any case... how would you go about installing an aftermarket headunit and utilize the "bose" system? Crutchfield has some weird adapter they suggest using which I dont know what it does.

Help is greatly appreciated.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:24 PM
9600baud
JDM rox ur world

^^^
Old 02-28-2006, 11:58 PM
EGPrelude

basically your system is amplified.

you have four speakers amplified by a bose amp under the pass seat (held on by 2 10 mm nuts) and an amplified sub in the rear spare tire area.

The adaptor that crutchfield probably sells is one that probably converts your speaker signals into RCA male connectors and I believe they connect to your RCA outputs on an aftermarket deck (from what i could remember vaguely)

hope this helps...
Old 03-01-2006, 07:06 AM
9600baud
JDM rox ur world

Hey Jon, yea that helps a lot, thanks.

I'd still need a Accord harness or whatever its compatible for the other signals tho right (power, antenna, ground)?
Old 03-01-2006, 07:28 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

the harness that crutchfield sells has a line output converter in it, which is a good thing. The bose amp is pretty touchy and if you give it too much signal, you'll hear all sorts of strange noises through the speakers. The converter in the harness reduces the signal from the speaker outputs of the deck and gives you adjustments to fine tune the deck to the stock amp.

I highly recomend it!
Old 03-01-2006, 07:39 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

Ok, i reviewed what crutchfield sells... the adapter I was thinking of is for older hondas and acuras. The one they show for the RSX is basically a LOC though. An easy and cheap solution, go to walmart and pick up a Scosche line output converter and the 98-up honda/acura harness. Strip the speaker wires of the plug-in harness for the car and your new deck harness... using the directions with the Scosche adapter, match up the correct wires on the input and output sides then set the switch on the unit to "factory amp". Connect your power and ground wires for the deck as well and plug it all it... with the deck still out of the dash, power it up and set the controls on the scosche unit to get the best volume. Its very easy.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:44 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

heres the scosche adapter i'm referring to:
http://www.scosche.com/scosche_carau...36&ItemID=SLC4
Old 03-01-2006, 07:47 AM
9600baud
JDM rox ur world

Thanks AccordGuy, sounds like you know what you're doing and your directions sound clear.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:42 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

eh, ive just tried many different things with the bose stereo and that scosche adapter works very well and its built well. The scosche site says its $30, but I think its less than that at walmart, i dont really remember.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:14 AM
89crxinprogress

alright guys sorry to bring up an old thread... but i bought the converter that crutchfield has and it looks a little different then the one at walmart but i wired it up and have no sound. then you read on the opposite site "if you are using the supplied wire harness from Crutchfield, or other aftermarket wire harness either from Metra, Scosche or American International, you can no connect the audio signal wires of the supplied wire harnes to the oem-2 color for color (you may however, connect the red black bule orange and yellow wire color for color). the wire harness supplied by Crutchfield or other above mentioned wire harnesses are not designed for the Bose Premium Sound Systems. You will need to trace the factory wire colors and match them over to the aftermarket harness. connect the oem-2 outputs accourding to the chart." i need some help guys, any help would be great? thanks in advance.